Progressive Insurance - Kudos

Welcome Comrade! Pull up a barstool and order yourself a virtual vodka or Baltika and enjoy the camaraderie of other Soviet bloc bike enthusiasts. Nastrovya! This is the place for generic conversations about bikes and life in general.
Forum rules
This is the place for general discussion about motorcycles and life in general. No political posts. Use The "Other" Toy Box section for other bikes, guns, collectibles or hobbies.
brianural
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Progressive Insurance - Kudos

Post by brianural » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:29 pm

I have had Progressive since March of this year, so a relatively new customer. Switch after years with Dairyland, they raised my rates sky high after no claims for years. Reason for post is I added the MV-750 to the liability only coverage and progressive said I am due a refund of $13.50 (paid policy in full at beginning of coverage). Greatly surprised, never had insurance costs go down when adding a vehicle. This was #4 on this policy, so maybe I hit another discount level. Once I get the M-72 running I will add that as well to make it #5.
2011 HD RGU
2003 Honda VTX1800 - sold
2005 Honda VTX1300 - sold
Bunch of other metric bikes for last 45 years
"1966 titled" Dnepr MT-11 (reality is a 80-90's)
1956 IMZ M72 bought in pieces, working on build
1967 KMZ MB-750

chaos2
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Re: Progressive Insurance - Kudos

Post by chaos2 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:14 pm

They probably figure with that many bikes you'll spend more time fixing them then riding them :D :D
Past afflictions include limey motocars and bikes, R60/2, R65ls, & a Citroen.
Now a DB Haanjo and Canyon CF SL Endurace, '87 K75s,
and a rusty 2012 GU bought new
dual K&N cones on homemade intake, 40/137.5
Raceway needles, Modtop exhaust, E starter delete
$29 VW Hydraulic steering dampener

bratmanxj

Post by bratmanxj » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:27 pm

I recently made the exact same switch from Dairyland to Progressive. I'd been with Dairyland about 4 yrs with my yamaha before I added the Ural last year. With the addition of full coverage on the Ural the price went up about $30 which wasn't bad. This year my Dairyland renewal went up by 50% from the previous year....see ya!

Progressive was 25% cheaper than the previous years Dairyland.
1999 Yamaha Royal Star Venture
2007 Ural Tourist - The Big Red Brick
Chinese Knock off Honda Trail 70 rescued from the in-laws shed
1984 Suzuki LT125 Quadrunner - Sold off to a Friend
Boats, Jets Skis and Golf Carts...other fun stuff!

:FI:Igor

Post by :FI:Igor » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:40 pm

Been using Progressive for several years. For a HD and Ural only paid 300 USD per year. When I got the first accident in the Ural they were right there making calls to repair shops, cut a check fast. When the Ural was totaled in the next accident, they quickly cut a check. Can't complain.
2015 Ural Patrol (Светлана)
2006 HD Low Rider (sold)
2013 Ural Patrol 'Ursula' (2015 Totaled!)

Snakeoil
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by Snakeoil » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:57 pm

I have used Progressive for many years. I have 8 bikes currently insured with them and my premiums are about the same as if I had one bike. I had a similar experience with refunds. I took a bike off the policy and only got a $5.00 refund. I called my agent and they said that most of the premium is applied during the riding season and I also get the multi-bike discount so the refunds when you remove a bike are never big. I understood and was content. A couple of weeks later, I put another bike on the policy and short time later got a refund for $1.00.

I am very happy with Progressive.
Regards,
Rob
Proud member of the Peanut Gallery
2000 Ural Tourist
40 Pilots, 122 Mains
Before you say something stupid, always ask yourself, "What would Harpo say?".

Kilometers2
Comrade General
Comrade General

Post by Kilometers2 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:50 am

I am still with Progressive for my motorcycles and after having been with them 7 years I moved from Georgia to Alabama. Again, I am still with Progressive and have been since 2005 but their insurance policies do not cross state lines and when I moved they made me open a new policy and I lost all the benefits from the previous 7 years with them. I would argue every time it came to Renewal time that I should get the benefits they extend if you've been with them for 10 years yada yada yada to no avail. They do give discounts however based on the number of bikes you have with them which was nice when I had four. Because going the other way and dropping two bikes off my policy remained about the same for two as it did for 4 bikes.
Miles aka Kilometers

Uralless for 3 years and regretting it the last 2 years I have owned a Doberman. Thinking of coming back rather than hacking the Harley...there is just something about Urals, this forum, and the 2WD I used infrequently while camping.....

Formerly owned 2007 GU, 2014 Patrol, and 2016 GU

Happytrails

Post by Happytrails » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:04 pm

Good to hear they took care of you. Switched from State Farm a couple years ago to Progressive due to high rates. Having my truck, car, touring motorcycle, Ural and my house all with Progressive I would think they would be a little better with rates. I can't drive em all a the same time but they seem to charge me like thats my plan! I still like progressive and there coverages but I'm gonna price check every 3 yrs. I took a quick look at Geico this year but its difficult since its not apples to apples comparing.
-JR

2018 Ural GearUp, Urban Camo
1991 Honda Goldwing SE

"riding is good therapy"

mali567

Post by mali567 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:53 pm

Progressive is a good insurance company with various discounts. Yes, the idea is that if you have several bikes you can only ride one at a time and the others you insured would be sitting at home safely. Therefore, the premium shouldn't go up much for adding another one on your policy. Pretty novel thinking, actually. This goes to show how important it is to get a few quotes every few years to make sure you are not taken for a ride by your insurer. Getting a few quotes and qualifying for as many discounts as possible including multi-vehicle discount reduces your rates. With all the repairs and other costs owning these rigs cost a lot. I have just paid $1200 for repairs and that is not the end of it.