Tornado damage in Ohio

Welcome Comrade! Pull up a barstool and order yourself a virtual vodka or Baltika and enjoy the camaraderie of other Soviet bloc bike enthusiasts. Nastrovya! This is the place for generic conversations about bikes and life in general.
Forum rules
This is the place for general discussion about motorcycles and life in general. No political posts. Use The "Other" Toy Box section for other bikes, guns, collectibles or hobbies.
tparr
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2020

Tornado damage in Ohio

Post by tparr » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:29 pm

I try to ride my Ural every day but this week i was not able to. I was busy helping my Family clean up debris from tornado damage. This is my Father in laws home.
rv2.jpg

The house suffered mostly cosmetic damage, it will need a new roof, siding and only one broken window. The barn was a hundred and fifty years old tobbaco barn about 40x60 with two lofts. you can see the power pole down in the front lawn(right under the flag). The flag was missing, someone found it in the neighbors yard and returned it.
damage1.2.jpg
The outpouring from the community is heartwarming. Dozens of care groups passing by offering water, food, gloves, tarps, cleaning supplies. A local plumbing business opened their farm to dump tree debris free of charge. Contractors bringing in bobcats and heavy equipment and operators all free. We had a semi truck with a trash dumpster stop and offered their services for free, they even helped clean the debris. We had dozens of volunteers to help with the general cleanup. just amazing love displayed.
After six day of hard work we have temporarily sealed the roof with tarps, cleaned up all the trees and limbs, carted off about fourteen thousand pounds of barn debris, and sorted through the personal items. Electricity was restored several days ago thanks to the hard work of the utility companies.
neighbors1.1.jpg
They just bought the house, they were in the living room the very first day of occupancy. they were not hurt, but the house is ruined. the photos don't really convey the scope of damage, praise be to GOD for keeping everyone safe. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2013 Gear Up, Forrest Fog
new to me in 2018, 19,995 km

Kilometers2
Comrade General
Comrade General

Re: Tornado damage in Ohio

Post by Kilometers2 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:45 pm

Thank God you guys are safe. My youngest sister is in the Beavercreek Township east of Dayton and reports pretty much the same thing. Godspeed to you and all as you literally pick up the pieces. I will be up that way Thursday in Xenia. So much destruction and the photos don't do justice to the extent of the damages.
Miles aka Kilometers

Uralless for 3 years and regretting it the last 2 years I have owned a Doberman. Thinking of coming back rather than hacking the Harley...there is just something about Urals, this forum, and the 2WD I used infrequently while camping.....

Formerly owned 2007 GU, 2014 Patrol, and 2016 GU

chaos2
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Re: Tornado damage in Ohio

Post by chaos2 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:03 pm

Drove to north Dayton to help some friends clean up, stopped by the family cemetery plot. Our headstone was ok but nearby ones did not fare so well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Past afflictions include limey motocars and bikes, R60/2, R65ls, & a Citroen.
Now a DB Haanjo and Canyon CF SL Endurace, '87 K75s,
and a rusty 2012 GU bought new
dual K&N cones on homemade intake, 40/137.5
Raceway needles, Modtop exhaust, E starter delete
$29 VW Hydraulic steering dampener