Urals on the TAT?

Welcome Comrade! Pull up a barstool and order yourself a virtual vodka or Baltika and enjoy the camaraderie of other Soviet bloc bike enthusiasts. Nastrovya! This is the place for generic conversations about bikes and life in general.
Forum rules
This is the place for general discussion about motorcycles and life in general. No political posts. Use The "Other" Toy Box section for other bikes, guns, collectibles or hobbies.
Emoore
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Re: Urals on the TAT?

Post by Emoore » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:15 pm

sallen wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:07 pm
Emoore wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:47 am
cateyetech wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:42 am
3 months to go till
TAT time :boogie: :moto: :hungry:
I'm jealous, I'm going in September. I have 6 months.
Send pics please.
Ernie, there are three Urals in Wilmington, want some company
I apologize it took me so long to respond. But for some reason this form does not notify me when someone replies even if I'm the one that started the topic.
you are more than welcome to join me . it will be probably the last weekend of September. it'll be that Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday and Monday trip. as it stands right now I plan on leaving from the end of the tat route in Tennessee and working my way back to North Carolina. that way if I run out of time I can cut out of the tat and be closer to home if need be. Like I said before you're more than welcome to join me, but I'm not going to be in any hurry. This will take me all of the days I have. I do not want to rush. I do not want to see how many miles I can conquer off-road per day. This would be my first time off-roading with my Ural. So I would like to take it slow and enjoy the trip. if that's not for you that's fine we can meet up and you can ride ahead or just ride on that's okay with me. It's all open. The only thing that's for sure is the route.......
Ernest
2012 Ural T Olive (Roulette)
2011 Patrol (OTTO)
Yamaha FZ07 ( My need for speed )

Wake Forest, NC

John Wayne - Life's Hard. It's Even Harder When You're Stupid.

Emoore
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Re: Urals on the TAT?

Post by Emoore » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:44 pm

Ride has been moved to October, Dates TBA. I think October might be rainier but cooler nights will make sleeping more comfortable. Plus the bonus of changing leaves and such. Like I said, Im going for the ride, not timed or set time to end. just going till I run out of leave days from work...lol
NC to WVA to Tenn back to NC...... Im equipping knobby tires and a semi loaded side car. Not fully loaded to slow me down and not to lightly loaded to freeze at night....lol
Ernest
2012 Ural T Olive (Roulette)
2011 Patrol (OTTO)
Yamaha FZ07 ( My need for speed )

Wake Forest, NC

John Wayne - Life's Hard. It's Even Harder When You're Stupid.