Attention Newly Registered Members!

Welcome Comrade! Pull up a barstool and order yourself a virtual vodka or Baltika and enjoy the camaraderie of other Soviet bloc bike enthusiasts. Nastrovya! This is the place for generic conversations about bikes and life in general.
Forum rules
This is the place for general discussion about motorcycles and life in general. No political posts. Use The "Other" Toy Box section for other bikes, guns, collectibles or hobbies.
tonered
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Re: Attention Newly Registered Members!

Post by tonered » Fri May 03, 2013 10:50 am

Burgerguy wrote:Another new convert checking in. Chuck from sunny (this week ) Montesano Wa. Been lurking here and on adv for a while and finally made the leap. Went down to Raceway and ordered a 2013 Gear Up. Good news is that it should be ready in about 2 weeks. Bad news is the soonest endorsement class is July 6. Guess I'll be pretty familiar with most all sections of my property by then.
Congrats! This whole 3wheel endorsement thing here is making me crazy. I want to take a spin on one just to satisify the Wife and, of course, just to do it, but one local dealer won't even let me turn the key (with a 2wheel endorsement and max liability insurance) and the other will let me take a spin in their parking lot, but they don't have any unsold units at the moment. I know I'll love it, but it is one of those things that I just have to do before committing that much $$.

BTW, I've never made any major purchases in OR. Is there any double sales tax issues? I know I'll have to pay the tax to register it here. I thought about the remaining Yamal in Sacramento, but the OTD was ridonkulous, then having to double dip here.

Have a good one.
tony b
Lynnwood, WA
2013 GearUp (Taildragger)
2001 Duc ST4 (Thumper)

gflapg
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by gflapg » Fri May 03, 2013 10:56 am

tonered wrote:
Burgerguy wrote:Another new convert checking in. Chuck from sunny (this week ) Montesano Wa. Been lurking here and on adv for a while and finally made the leap. Went down to Raceway and ordered a 2013 Gear Up. Good news is that it should be ready in about 2 weeks. Bad news is the soonest endorsement class is July 6. Guess I'll be pretty familiar with most all sections of my property by then.
Congrats! This whole 3wheel endorsement thing here is making me crazy. I want to take a spin on one just to satisify the Wife and, of course, just to do it, but one local dealer won't even let me turn the key (with a 2wheel endorsement and max liability insurance) and the other will let me take a spin in their parking lot, but they don't have any unsold units at the moment. I know I'll love it, but it is one of those things that I just have to do before committing that much $$.

BTW, I've never made any major purchases in OR. Is there any double sales tax issues? I know I'll have to pay the tax to register it here. I thought about the remaining Yamal in Sacramento, but the OTD was ridonkulous, then having to double dip here.

Have a good one.
There is NO Sales Tax in Oregon. Call Raceway and be treated right. Hell I bet he will haul the bike at least partway to Lynwood for free. Check the set up and free services they offer.
May all beings be blessed by the three jewels
May the planet be at peace, and the earth stay beautiful
May all beings be happy
May all have good fortune

"When the mind is clear, one can sip tea; when the spirit is at ease, one can talk of aspiration."

2010 GU ( the year before that goofy Pecans and Cream Version)
2003 Raceway Custom Built Wolf
1993 Solo

tonered
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by tonered » Fri May 03, 2013 11:04 am

Thanks. I get the no sales tax thing, but I know around these parts, you need to show redsidency for stuff like that. Just curious. I bought my Duc from some excellent folks (private part) just east of Portland. I didn't know how that'd work for retailers.

I already have a growing wish list for a bunch of Raceway's cool bits. The suicide shifters are already on the Christmas list. =P

A trip to Salem would be just fine with me.

Have a good one.
tony b
Lynnwood, WA
2001 Duc ST4 (Thumper)

gflapg
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by gflapg » Fri May 03, 2013 11:07 am

No sales tax Period in Oregon. Hell you could be from Washington DC and there is no tax here. To bad your not a resident cause Raceway also pays All Oregon DMV fees, which are pretty high.
May all beings be happy

"When the mind is clear, one can sip tea; when the spirit is at ease, one can talk of aspiration."

1993 Solo

tonered
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Post by tonered » Fri May 03, 2013 11:13 am

Interesting. DMV here is about $50 plus sales tax. That's in the budget, just need to sell the car. Well, there's that whole 2014 model thing...... =)

Have a good one.
tony b
Lynnwood, WA
2001 Duc ST4 (Thumper)

planeflyer21
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Post by planeflyer21 » Mon May 27, 2013 2:35 pm

Greetings hackers!

I just joined a few days ago. Got the Ural Patrol fever back in the '90s and it isn't going away.

Hoping to purchase a GU or Patrol in the next year.

Very informative site here!

Jon
Jon

2Tim2:15

BMW 1983 R80ST Project

rivers
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018

Post by rivers » Mon May 27, 2013 2:56 pm

As others have mentioned no sales tax in OR but when you register it in WA you WILL pay WA sales tax. I bought mine from Raceways and they delivered it up to the peninsula no charge. Only thing tricky with the DMV was Jim included in the paperwork a zerox copy of the Certificate of Origin...not acceptable by the DMV so it delayed registration a couple days for Jim to mail me the "original". If you want to buy in OR and ride home you and the dealer can do enough of the DMV paperwork ahead of time so's to bring a WA plate with you.
Joe
014 GU
"I'm lost but I'm making good time."

mikey56
Comrade
Comrade

Post by mikey56 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:04 pm

Looks like I am going to be a retro driver /Have driven a lot of different things In my life, mine bikes back in the 50s, dirt bikes Oasa 250s in the 60-70s high school a 441 victor 1974-76 A M551 for the US ARMY 1976 to now A bevy of HD s and BMWs
Looking forward to riding a Ural
mike ward
2013 GU forest fog
P/A ignition
2 in 1 exhaust
high output oil pump

1/2 ACR B troop 3rd herd 1974-76
Toujours Pret

sixbennetts
Comrade General
Comrade General

Post by sixbennetts » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:24 am

Welcome to the dark side of Urals, Mike. Us Retro pilots are the black sheep around here because we w a s h and w a x our bikes regularly!

:D

I have a funny wife. Hilarious, really.
I love her, she loves me.

"I'm slow and like to go old."
Plattsburgh NY

mikey56
Comrade
Comrade

Post by mikey56 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:16 pm

[quote="sixbennetts"]Welcome to the dark side of Urals, Mike. Us Retro pilots are the black sheep around here because we w a s h and w a x our bikes regularly!

:You have a nice ride /Was looking at the life time oil filter arc ignition dunstals pipes w/o cross over high output oil pump /I guess the old girl should make around 45+ hp my old 67 XLCH made around that and it was quite fast for its day .
2013 GU forest fog
P/A ignition
2 in 1 exhaust
high output oil pump

Toujours Pret

sixbennetts
Comrade General
Comrade General

Post by sixbennetts » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:38 pm

mikey56 wrote::You have a nice ride /Was looking at the life time oil filter arc ignition dunstals pipes w/o cross over high output oil pump /I guess the old girl should make around 45+ hp my old 67 XLCH made around that and it was quite fast for its day .
Nah, break it in 1st. You wanna let it run in well before you start souping it up. Only thing I've done to mine is drilling the carb slides, and it's plenty hot.

You can't smell the roses if you're flying past them.

Plattsburgh NY

mikey56
Comrade
Comrade

Post by mikey56 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:56 pm

Understand, the arc ignition has to stay ( I still hate stock pipes) should break it in stock as a old air head BMW
2013 GU forest fog
P/A ignition
2 in 1 exhaust
high output oil pump

Toujours Pret

gflapg
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by gflapg » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:59 pm

Power Arc and Dunstalls will work fine brand new. But they are not necessary.
May all beings be happy

1993 Solo

mikey56
Comrade
Comrade

Post by mikey56 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:08 pm

Well pulled the trigger!
Was looking to buy a Retro ended up after the dust settled with a 2013 Gear Up in forest fog Will be picking it up in two weeks.
Toujours Pret
Mike Ward
2013 GU forest fog
P/A ignition
2 in 1 exhaust
high output oil pump

Toujours Pret

sixbennetts
Comrade General
Comrade General

Post by sixbennetts » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:52 pm

Good for you! Make a post and throw up some pics.

Plattsburgh NY