Attention Newly Registered Members!

Welcome Comrade! Pull up a barstool and order yourself a virtual vodka or Baltika and enjoy the camaraderie of other Soviet bloc bike enthusiasts. Nastrovya! This is the place for generic conversations about bikes and life in general.
Forum rules
This is the place for general discussion about motorcycles and life in general. No political posts. Use The "Other" Toy Box section for other bikes, guns, collectibles or hobbies.
Albuquralque
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Re: Attention Newly Registered Members!

Post by Albuquralque » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:58 am

er207321 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:33 am
I'm 76 riding all brand's since I was 14 mostly HD . This is my first hack 2008 Patrol .makes me feel young again. The wife and dog love it. Ernie Brunswick , me.

welcome aboard Ernie!

:thumbsup:
"Put a little gravel in your travel"

Darrell - Albuquralque
2014 Patrol - Babe the Blue Ox
EFI Map OR 1.02
Throttle Body Vacuum Ports
K&N Air Filter
Raceway 2-into-1 Header (Right Side)
Previous Urals Owned: 2004 Wolf, 2006 Tourist, 2006 Patrol (TOW), 2006 Patrol (TOM)

hotflash44
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018

Post by hotflash44 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:19 am

Albuquralque wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:58 am
er207321 wrote:
I'm 76 riding all brand's since I was 14 mostly HD . This is my first hack 2008 Patrol .makes me feel young again. The wife and dog love it. Ernie Brunswick , me.

welcome aboard Ernie!

welcome Ernie, i know what your sayin im 75 and have the same thoughts, just keep the arm strength up and your good to go,enjoy the ride/forum. :cheers:
2016 gear up asphalt grey, name Seryy Medved ,Air America CIA circa 1967/8 Vung Tau Viet Nam USS Tutuila ARG-4 (AND JUST A TOUCH OF AGENT ORANGE!)

Penrod

Post by Penrod » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:26 am

Welcome aboard. Suggestion: go to profile and add a signature line that will appear at the bottom of your posts- as you see at the bottom of this one. I'm in Levant, outside of Bangor.
2015 cT Special Edition Dark Force
Live in Maine. Retired.

CarlS
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by CarlS » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:41 am

er207321 wrote:
Welcome to SS and congrats on your Patrol.
Carl S
Old Soldier

Current rides: 2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC, 2003 Triumph Bonneville T100, 1968 Triumph Trophy TR6R

Past Rides: Too many to list; but of interest here - 2003 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/Velorex sidecar, 2013 HD Sportster w/Texas sidecar, 1974 Yamaha TX650, 1966 Triumph Trophy TR6R

GoatTracks

Post by GoatTracks » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:43 pm

OK so, I've been looking at Urals off and on for a couple years and trying to decide if I wanted to take the plunge. One day randomly searching Craigslist this summer I found "the" Ural. So, I drove 8 hours to look at it and came home with an '07 Gear-up in original and 'custom' (rattlecan) camo that's been lovingly beaten up, crashed, salvage titled, had the forks rebuilt and the dents hammered out of the front of hack, and was suffering from want of some loving mechanical attention (ie, the brakes on it were more of a theory than a working item when I rolled it off the trailer). On the upside: it's in very good overall mechanical condition. It starts easily, runs strong and has yet to pi$$ any fluids whatsoever...but it has a small host of idiosyncracies I'm working through...like, the headlight works- until it doesn't...then you give it a solid whack with your palm and it works again. It's been off-roaded a lot and generally used for what they were originally intended for, so it was perfect for me, as I intended to beat it around and couldn't justify the price of a new rig for riding the mud roads and creek beds. I'm actually quite shocked at how easy they are to work on (so far) and the tips and tricks in the forums here are extremely helpful! Like, how to get it on the center stand without giving yourself a hernia, and stuff. I'm really enjoying the hell out of it and my dog is too! Always wanted to have a ride I could take the Dane in. Next, a machine gun mount... Anyway, I'll shaddup. Nice to meet you guys and I'm sure I'll have tons of questions as I dig deeper into the rig. Wewt.
"Dog is my Co-Pilot"

Central Iowa, USA
'07 "FrankenUral" Gear Up
'99 HD Bad Boy Custom
'84 Yamaha 175 Enduro
Mattel "Big Wheel"

Niteblues
Commissar
Commissar

Post by Niteblues » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:49 am

GoatTracks wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:43 pm
OK so, I've been looking at Urals off and on for a couple years and trying to decide if I wanted to take the plunge. One day randomly searching Craigslist this summer I found "the" Ural. So, I drove 8 hours to look at it and came home with an '07 Gear-up in original and 'custom' (rattlecan) camo that's been lovingly beaten up, crashed, salvage titled, had the forks rebuilt and the dents hammered out of the front of hack, and was suffering from want of some loving mechanical attention (ie, the brakes on it were more of a theory than a working item when I rolled it off the trailer). On the upside: it's in very good overall mechanical condition. It starts easily, runs strong and has yet to pi$$ any fluids whatsoever...but it has a small host of idiosyncracies I'm working through...like, the headlight works- until it doesn't...then you give it a solid whack with your palm and it works again. It's been off-roaded a lot and generally used for what they were originally intended for, so it was perfect for me, as I intended to beat it around and couldn't justify the price of a new rig for riding the mud roads and creek beds. I'm actually quite shocked at how easy they are to work on (so far) and the tips and tricks in the forums here are extremely helpful! Like, how to get it on the center stand without giving yourself a hernia, and stuff. I'm really enjoying the hell out of it and my dog is too! Always wanted to have a ride I could take the Dane in. Next, a machine gun mount... Anyway, I'll shaddup. Nice to meet you guys and I'm sure I'll have tons of questions as I dig deeper into the rig. Wewt.

put your location in your signature or profile. maybe you're near someone to ride with...
Scott

2004 Ural Patrol

"You can ride farther in one hour than you can walk in a day"

"Media bias contributes to erosion of the perception of truth." Tanya Marcum

Albuquralque
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Post by Albuquralque » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:12 am

Niteblues wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:49 am
GoatTracks wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:43 pm

put your location in your signature or profile. maybe you're near someone to ride with...

+1
"Put a little gravel in your travel"

Darrell - Albuquralque
2014 Patrol - Babe the Blue Ox
EFI Map OR 1.02
Throttle Body Vacuum Ports
K&N Air Filter
Raceway 2-into-1 Header (Right Side)
Previous Urals Owned: 2004 Wolf, 2006 Tourist, 2006 Patrol (TOW), 2006 Patrol (TOM)

GoatTracks

Post by GoatTracks » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:35 pm

Oh, I almost never ride with anyone else, that's what Dog is for!

BUTT-T-T-T if there's anyone else in central Iowa with a hack that wants to go for a ride I'm down!
"Dog is my Co-Pilot"

Central Iowa, USA
'07 "FrankenUral" Gear Up
'99 HD Bad Boy Custom
'84 Yamaha 175 Enduro
Mattel "Big Wheel"

OO05REN

Post by OO05REN » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:29 pm

Well I've joined the club ..... not had time to search here in depth but is there anyone else with a 1965 M-63 :D
I've taken delivery today - a little easier for me as I'm based in Eastern Kazakhstan and there are plenty of Urals here for cheap pickings.
Mine has been fully restored and loved but it lacks a sidecar (I'm in the process of finding one locally to restore to the same level as the bike.

So there are 3 of us now in our little expat Ural owners club here in Atyrau - looking forward to a few rides and asking loads of questions.

Ren
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hotflash44

Post by hotflash44 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:43 pm

beautiful Ural,i like the Bakelite air box lid that would be hard to find outside of your area IMO. might want to add some info to your signature line. :cheers: P.S. crazy as it might sound to the uneducated your bike has a River near you named after it,or is the bike named for the river? :boogie:
2016 gear up asphalt grey, name Seryy Medved ,Air America CIA circa 1967/8 Vung Tau Viet Nam USS Tutuila ARG-4 (AND JUST A TOUCH OF AGENT ORANGE!)