Attention Newly Registered Members!

Welcome Comrade! Pull up a barstool and order yourself a virtual vodka or Baltika and enjoy the camaraderie of other Soviet bloc bike enthusiasts. Nastrovya! This is the place for generic conversations about bikes and life in general.
Forum rules
This is the place for general discussion about motorcycles and life in general. No political posts. Use The "Other" Toy Box section for other bikes, guns, collectibles or hobbies.
Excoach

Re: Attention Newly Registered Members!

Post by Excoach » Wed May 31, 2017 1:12 am

Hi all,

Looking to get my first Ural. My family has always had Triumphs (since the late 1950's) but I'm a bit too vertically challenged to be comfortable on the Adventurer (especially with loaded bags) and the high pipes on the Scrambler are just too close for comfort. As my wife and I near retirement, we are looking for something new to take on an adventure(s) and the Ural seems to fit the bill. Going to be doing lots of reading in the near future. Happy to be here.
1970 Triumph Bonneville
2003 Triumph Speedmaster
Hopefully a Ural soon
Too many cars to list here :D

France_Fadeley

Post by France_Fadeley » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:19 am

:) :) :)
Thank you very much admin for this warm welcome, I have already added these details here.

Hero_of_Canton

Post by Hero_of_Canton » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:29 pm

Had to create a new account because the email I used on my old account was no longer available to me since retiring. I WAS Ace_Cafe_Rat NOW I'm Hero-of_Canton same dude.

101radioman

Post by 101radioman » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:36 am

Hey all Thank You for the admission.
I am looking into the Ural as a daily driver for up here in North Dakota.

Currently I ride a bicycles year round. 1000 miles just since November.

Leaning towards the Gear Up.
Looking into Ural for daily driver

hotflash44
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018

Post by hotflash44 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:30 am

101radioman wrote:Hey all Thank You for the admission.
I am looking into the Ural as a daily driver for up here in North Dakota.

Currently I ride a bicycles year round. 1000 miles just since November.

Leaning towards the Gear Up.
welcome, you will find out after riding a Ural that its good exercise especially if off road. riding a bicycle is healthy, but a Ural will give your arms a little workout also. :cheers:
2016 gear up asphalt grey, name Seryy Medved ,Air America CIA circa 1967/8 Vung Tau Viet Nam USS Tutuila ARG-4 (AND JUST A TOUCH OF AGENT ORANGE!)

CarlS
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by CarlS » Tue May 08, 2018 1:35 pm

Hello all. I am pleased to be here. I have already introduced myself in the Newbie Questions area; but I wanted to say hello here. I am considering a Ural as I approach the day of not being able to ride two wheels safely. I still want to do adventure rides and the Ural looks like just the ticket. I have been riding two wheels for 60 years and have previously owned and ridden two rigs.
Carl S
Old Soldier

Current rides: 2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC, 2003 Triumph Bonneville T100, 1968 Triumph Trophy TR6R

Past Rides: Too many to list; but of interest here - 2003 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/Velorex sidecar, 2013 HD Sportster w/Texas sidecar, 1974 Yamaha TX650, 1966 Triumph Trophy TR6R

Wanderrad

Post by Wanderrad » Tue May 08, 2018 2:16 pm

Welcome Carl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
-Scot

2018 Gear Up, Olive Drab Matte "Bad Penny"
2014 Gear Up, Sage Green (sold)

CarlS
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by CarlS » Tue May 08, 2018 2:19 pm

Thank you, Scott.
Carl S
Old Soldier

Current rides: 2012 Triumph Tiger 800XC, 2003 Triumph Bonneville T100, 1968 Triumph Trophy TR6R

Past Rides: Too many to list; but of interest here - 2003 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/Velorex sidecar, 2013 HD Sportster w/Texas sidecar, 1974 Yamaha TX650, 1966 Triumph Trophy TR6R

MajorFaversham
Party Member
Party Member

Post by MajorFaversham » Fri May 18, 2018 2:12 am

Hey everybody! I just purchased the 2013 Gobi Gear Up from fellow Soviet Steed member, CaptainSlow. I'm exceptionally excited to start riding as soon as it gets here.

I've already ordered a personalized license plate for it and thought it would be a nod to fellow Ural pilots.

UDF15

Whaddya think?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
2013 Gobi Gear Up: “Yulia Nova”
Iowa - Farm it, and they will come.

CarlS
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by CarlS » Fri May 18, 2018 7:48 am

MajorFaversham wrote:Hey everybody! I just purchased the 2013 Gobi Gear Up from fellow Soviet Steed member, CaptainSlow. I'm exceptionally excited to start riding as soon as it gets here.

I've already ordered a personalized license plate for it and thought it would be a nod to fellow Ural pilots.

UDF15

Whaddya think?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Congratulations! :thumbsup:
Carl S
Old Soldier

sgtshutter

Post by sgtshutter » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:22 pm

Thank you for the opportunity to be part of this forum and for any knowledge I may glean from the vast amount of information available. I do not own a Ural but am seriously considering it in the near future. I am here to learn and because at almost 55 years of age and being self employed I tend to be very cautious when making substantial purchases. I will try not to ask naive or redundant questions and will try when ever possible to research it first. But the truth is when it comes to sidecar motorcycles and the Ural I am a blank slate. Thank you for your patience.

Always,
David and Shutter
I've owned more than a dozen bikes but do not have a Ural. My current ride is a 2003 Suzuki VL1500 which I bought new and have had in 28 states and just over 64K miles. I am considering buying a Ural in the near future so I joined Soviet Steeds to learn.

CarlS
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Post by CarlS » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:40 am

David, welcome aboard from another guy contemplating a Ural. At 55 years old, you are a youngster!
Carl S
Old Soldier

hotflash44

Post by hotflash44 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:41 am

sgtshutter wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:22 pm
Thank you for the opportunity to be part of this forum and for any knowledge I may glean from the vast amount of information available. I do not own a Ural but am seriously considering it in the near future. I am here to learn and because at almost 55 years of age and being self employed I tend to be very cautious when making substantial purchases. I will try not to ask naive or redundant questions and will try when ever possible to research it first. But the truth is when it comes to sidecar motorcycles and the Ural I am a blank slate. Thank you for your patience.

Always,
David and Shutter
Welcome,your a wise man to think this over IMO,if buying new or near new $17,000 is a big amount of money. i for one have had many 2 wheeled motorcycles over the last 61 years of riding and bought a new Ural 1-1/2 years ago and couldn't be happier. the wife and i use it for short trips around town and very short trips outside of town. its just fun and relaxing and you will feel like a celebrity with all the comments and thumbs up you get. my advice is read the forum and get a feel for what owning a Ural is,and compare to your abilities and desires. good luck :cheers:
2016 gear up asphalt grey, name Seryy Medved ,Air America CIA circa 1967/8 Vung Tau Viet Nam USS Tutuila ARG-4 (AND JUST A TOUCH OF AGENT ORANGE!)

sgtshutter

Post by sgtshutter » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:20 pm

hotflash44 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:41 am
sgtshutter wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:22 pm

Always,
David and Shutter
Welcome,your a wise man to think this over IMO,if buying new or near new $17,000 is a big amount of money. i for one have had many 2 wheeled motorcycles over the last 61 years of riding and bought a new Ural 1-1/2 years ago and couldn't be happier. the wife and i use it for short trips around town and very short trips outside of town. its just fun and relaxing and you will feel like a celebrity with all the comments and thumbs up you get. my advice is read the forum and get a feel for what owning a Ural is,and compare to your abilities and desires. good luck :cheers:
Thank you!
I've owned more than a dozen bikes but do not have a Ural. My current ride is a 2003 Suzuki VL1500 which I bought new and have had in 28 states and just over 64K miles. I am considering buying a Ural in the near future so I joined Soviet Steeds to learn.

er207321

Post by er207321 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:33 am

I'm 76 riding all brand's since I was 14 mostly HD . This is my first hack 2008 Patrol .makes me feel young again. The wife and dog love it. Ernie Brunswick , me.