Search found 60 matches

by ZONKR
Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:51 pm
Forum: General Hammerin' and Wrenchin' (all model years)
Topic: Gearbox problem
Replies: 5
Views: 1004

Re: Gearbox problem

After sitting in the garage for a few weeks I went to move it the other day and it works now! I drained the gearbox oil and there seems to be more swarf on the plug than usual. Hope it's not going to be one of those on-again, off-again problems.
by ZONKR
Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:55 pm
Forum: General Hammerin' and Wrenchin' (all model years)
Topic: Gearbox problem
Replies: 5
Views: 1004

Gearbox problem

2007 GearUp 50863km. I took a lunch ride yesterday and about three miles in I had no shifting. I ended up at the side of the road in Neutral and the shifter just flops around to no effect.

Any ideas? :(
by ZONKR
Thu May 26, 2016 12:22 pm
Forum: Ural/Dnepr 101 - Newbie Questions
Topic: How do YOU kick start your Ural?
Replies: 55
Views: 9127

Re: How do YOU kick start your Ural?

I always kick start when I have an audience. :lol:
by ZONKR
Wed May 25, 2016 5:34 pm
Forum: Ride Reports
Topic: Rites of Passage aka what'd you get burned by?
Replies: 9
Views: 1516

Re: Rites of Passage aka what'd you get burned by?

Did that. Didn't have to call for a tow, but I was close to having to push it a block or so home. My big Dumbsh*%t move was leaving the parking brake on. I could ride pretty will, but it wouldn't hold any speed in 4th and lacked power in third. Pulled into a rest area, endured withering glares from...
by ZONKR
Tue May 03, 2016 11:23 am
Forum: Ride Reports
Topic: Spring TURD 2016 - Fredrickesburg April 29-May 1
Replies: 17
Views: 3573

Re: Spring TURD 2016 - Fredrickesburg April 29-May 1

The Eagle Has Landed! The URAL and I pulled into the driveway in Chandler AZ Monday after the 1865 mile round trip to the TURD. The Gear Up never missed a beat and I did the homeward leg in two days via the I-10 and it was very windy most of the way. It was a great time getting together with all the...
by ZONKR
Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:59 pm
Forum: Upcoming Rides & Rallies
Topic: Spring TURD 2016 - Fredrickesburg April 29-May 1
Replies: 198
Views: 28558

Re: Spring TURD 2016 - Fredrickesburg April 29-May 1

I am almost locked and loaded except for installing the new shocks tomorrow. Tuesday is Chandler AZ to Socorro NM to my plush digs with the Socorro Brewing Company across the street and Wednesday is Big Spring TX and I hope the Texas Cajun place is still next door to the fleabag motel. Looking forwa...
by ZONKR
Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:38 pm
Forum: Ride Reports
Topic: 20160409 Ride to ZhenBianCheng village
Replies: 36
Views: 3108

Re: 20160409 Ride to ZhenBianCheng village

Nice report. That JiaLing 600 looks huge. Do you have a ground level picture of it?
by ZONKR
Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:15 pm
Forum: Upcoming Rides & Rallies
Topic: Spring TURD 2016 - Fredrickesburg April 29-May 1
Replies: 198
Views: 28558

Re: Spring TURD 2016 - Fredrickesburg April 29-May 1

40% chance means 60% no chance.
by ZONKR
Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:14 pm
Forum: Upcoming Rides & Rallies
Topic: Spring TURD 2016 - Fredrickesburg April 29-May 1
Replies: 198
Views: 28558

Re: Spring TURD 2016 - Fredrickesburg April 29-May 1

My old flight instructor always said "Never cancel on a weather report."
by ZONKR
Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:58 am
Forum: Upcoming Rides & Rallies
Topic: Phoenix Area Ural Riders May 15th!
Replies: 36
Views: 5021

Re: Phoenix Area Ural Riders May 14th or 15th?

Sounds good. I'm riding to the Spring TURD in Fredericksburg/Luckenbach on 4/26 so I will be back by then. I'll watch this space for updates on the Phoenix area ride.
by ZONKR
Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:04 am
Forum: Upcoming Rides & Rallies
Topic: Spring TURD 2016 - Fredrickesburg April 29-May 1
Replies: 198
Views: 28558

Re: Spring TURD 2016 - Fredrickesburg April 29-May 1

I'm in for the Castell Store burger run on Friday.
by ZONKR
Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:23 pm
Forum: Upcoming Rides & Rallies
Topic: Spring TURD 2016 - Fredrickesburg April 29-May 1
Replies: 198
Views: 28558

Re: Spring TURD 2016 - Fredrickesburg April 29-May 1

I've had the URAL there a few times for the Hill Country Run there and out at Luckenbach.
by ZONKR
Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:09 pm
Forum: Upcoming Rides & Rallies
Topic: Spring TURD 2016 - Fredrickesburg April 29-May 1
Replies: 198
Views: 28558

Re: Spring TURD 2016 - Fredrickesburg April 29-May 1

Max "ZONKR" will be there (fingers crossed). The Peach is booked so the URAL and I are staying at my usual haunt the Super 8 on the main drag.
Chandler AZ
2007 GearUp
by ZONKR
Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:16 am
Forum: Ride Reports
Topic: Cob's Spring Sojourn 2013
Replies: 132
Views: 13869

Re: Cob's Spring Sojourn 2013

Dave
Great report and pics as usual. The rig and I are headed that way in a few weeks so I am following your progress.
by ZONKR
Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:07 pm
Forum: General Hammerin' and Wrenchin' (all model years)
Topic: Going on reserve
Replies: 25
Views: 2889

Re: Going on reserve

CLEAN THE AIR FILTER WE WERE RIDING IN BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK. LOTS OF DUST. LOTS OF FUN......BUT BEARLY MADE TO HOTEL. RIDING WITH THROTTLE WIDE OPEN USED UP THE FUEL Amen. A lot of the problems people have with loss of power and crappy running can be cured by just cleaning/swapping out the air fi...