Urals around Los Angeles?

Planning a local ride or a Rally? Let other folks know here so they can ride along.
Forum rules
This is the place to plan a ride or let others know about upcoming rides. Please post stories and/or pictures of the ride once it happens in the "Ride Reports" section. Please put the city and state of the rally or start of the ride so folks can attend.
goldendale
Comrade
Comrade

Urals around Los Angeles?

Postby goldendale » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:44 pm

Anyone out there around LA who would like to go out to the desert or just on a ride?

-Jeff

hotflash44
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018

Re: Urals around Los Angeles?

Postby hotflash44 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:25 am

goldendale wrote:Anyone out there around LA who would like to go out to the desert or just on a ride?

-Jeff

good luck, seems to be hard to get Ural people to get interested in functions/rides/camp outs etc west of Texas.all the fun is back east, maybe we are just unfriendly! truly odd. :? :cheers:
drive a 2016 gear up asphalt grey .Air America CIA circa 1967/8 Vung Tau Viet Nam USS Tutuila ARG-4 (AND JUST A TOUCH OF AGENT ORANGE!)

GSPDrider

Postby GSPDrider » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:18 pm

Wife and I want to do some exploring up around Wrightwood in the not too distant future... "Truly odd" - Yes. I don't know if we're unfriendly but it definitely takes us longer to get there. :oops:

BigJames

Postby BigJames » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:21 pm

It's not just Ural people. Many moons ago I ran the Rally Map for the BMW RA. In the Beemer world back then same issue, California folks just don't attend rallies in state. Races, motorcycle hangouts, riding, out of State stuff like Sturgis, oh yeah, but not traditional rallies. We kinda thought we figured out why, it was quite simple. There is so much rally like stuff happening all the time in California, because the bike culture is so strong, folks don't want to miss their normal stuff to go hang out and do the same with strangers. Good luck, just go out and ride, another Ural will show up, who knows, might even be Jay Leno...
BigJames
15 Ural M70
11 Ural Retro (100K and counting)
95/79 Bural Sportsman (Myrtle)
88 HD FLHS Watsonian Cambridge (232K and counting)
51 HD Servicar

vitz
Comrade
Comrade

Postby vitz » Thu May 03, 2018 5:04 pm

Havent seen too many other Urals around Orange County. I just did Santiago peak a couple weeks ago and had a blast. Looking to do it again here soon before they close the gate for fire season.

If anyone else is interested we could put together a date to go. After doing it I think 2wd is needed as there are a couple uphill rocky parts.

vitz
Comrade
Comrade

Postby vitz » Thu May 03, 2018 5:11 pm

Forgot to mention that this Sunday going to the Adventure Mobile and coffee meet up in Long Beach. Should stop by as it’s normally a pretty good turnout. We’ll be showing off our latest bags which work very well with the Ural.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

goldendale
Comrade
Comrade

Postby goldendale » Wed May 16, 2018 11:45 am

Ahh, I live in Long Beach although I had to come up here to Oregon so I missed Adventure MobilesandCoffee...that sounded great. what year is your Ural? -Jeff

Tazio
Party Member
Party Member

Postby Tazio » Wed May 16, 2018 4:56 pm

Checkout the Southern California Sidecar Club started by Doug Bingham many decades back. We are just kind of getting restarted after our previous leader dropped out. Our next currently scheduled event will be the:

3rd Doug Bingham Rally
at W.S. Hart Park
24151 Newhall Ave,
Newhall , CA 91321
Day: October, 28, 2018

Here's a link to our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SoCalSidecarClub/
2012 Ural Gear-up Gobi Desert

vitz
Comrade
Comrade

Postby vitz » Sat May 19, 2018 12:25 am

goldendale wrote:Ahh, I live in Long Beach although I had to come up here to Oregon so I missed Adventure MobilesandCoffee...that sounded great. what year is your Ural? -Jeff

It’s a 2004 patrol. We’re going to do it again next mo th. First Sunday of every month. So if you can make it to the next meet up I’ll be there’s. Same location as last time.

goldendale
Comrade
Comrade

Postby goldendale » Sun May 27, 2018 1:44 am

I will try and make it considering I live on Coronado just 7 or 8 blocks South. What happens? I assume good coffee and I spent 20 something years in Portland so good coffee (& beer) are always welcomed. -Jeff

vitz
Comrade
Comrade

Postby vitz » Tue May 29, 2018 4:14 pm

goldendale wrote:I will try and make it considering I live on Coronado just 7 or 8 blocks South. What happens? I assume good coffee and I spent 20 something years in Portland so good coffee (& beer) are always welcomed. -Jeff

It starts around 9am and it’s a group of overlanders that meet up at this great coffee shop. Grab a coffee and talk cars, bikes, camping, etc. some motorcycles show up like the GS or ktm riders but it’s mostly cars. I’ll be there with the Ural selling the latest Colfax bags. It’s this Sunday June 3rd at Commodity Coffee.

RPG
Comrade
Comrade

Postby RPG » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:42 pm

I live in the San Diego area and keep abreast of Ural activities via Soviet Steeds. Perhaps one of these days I'll get up north to the LA area.
2012 Ural Yamal LE
Math behind side car lift on right turn: F=(W/g)(V*V)/r

Return to “Upcoming Rides & Rallies”