Oil Change Warm or Cold

Start oil threads here so they can be ignored and/or ridiculed by most of us (except for those hardcore few that live for that kinda stuff).
Forum rules
Here's the place for you to debate what oil is best. Post your oil related topics her so we don't clutter up the other sections. Most people avoid oil threads like the plague.
hotflash44
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2017
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2017

Re: Oil Change Warm or Cold

Postby hotflash44 » Tue May 09, 2017 7:22 am

im a geezer so non detergent oil is something i remember very well. When high detergent oil first became available older engines then, i.e. 50,000miles or less was considered a almost worn out engine ,they had a inch of sludge in the pan and anywhere it could stick. So detergent oil would loosen up the sludge and plug oil passages and cause real issues. All that history suggest to me that modern high detergent oil will hold particles in suspension so other than warm oil will flow out better not much need for concern about getting particles out before they sink to bottom of the pan. IMHO.
drive a 2016 gear up asphalt grey .Air America CIA circa 1967/8 Vung Tau Viet Nam USS Tutuila ARG-4 (AND JUST A TOUCH OF AGENT ORANGE!)

kevinkrenik
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Oil Change Warm or Cold

Postby kevinkrenik » Tue May 09, 2017 10:08 am

Bilgekeeldave wrote:The W stands for weight, not winter.

super_troopers.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2015 M70
2005 Honda VTX 1300C
Minnesota, USA. (2017 Ural Newbie)

Return to “Oil Threads”