[Craigslist Find] 1978 Cb 750 with sidecar, but you gotta see it.

Got some Russian bikes or parts you want to buy or sell? Advertise your wares here. Individuals only - No dealers in this section please.
Forum rules
This section is for individual forum members to buy, sell, or swap bikes, parts or accessories. Once the item has sold, please edit your post and put "SOLD" in the topic subject title. Dealers and other commercial entities need to post in "The Gray Market" section. All listings must be motorcycle related, preferrably for Urals or Dneprs. No guns, real estate, etc. All items must have an asking price or what you are willing to trade for. No auctions or bids here. If you want to auction an item, put it on eBay and post a link to your item's auction on eBay here.
Waffl6
Party Member
Party Member

[Craigslist Find] 1978 Cb 750 with sidecar, but you gotta see it.

Postby Waffl6 » Wed May 16, 2018 2:01 am

NOT MINE

Haven't posted anything here in a long while. I'm out of school now for summer but I've been doing work to my little rebel and riding.

Anyways, found this ad today. $3000, which is quite a bit. However, this bike is crazy...just look for yourself. That sidecar has SHAG carpet. Description is pretty great too.

Says it was built to haul a 300 pound rider and 300 pound passenger. Anyone here into bigger women? :lol:

Bike is in Massachusetts.

https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/mcy/d ... 86246.html

Seller description:

I got this magnificent rig from a backwoods "engineer" up in northern Maine. I'm not sure what kind of drugs he was on, but they definitely enhanced his creativity.

The bike is a 1978 Honda CB750 that runs flawlessly. Starts right up, idles fine, doesn't leak a drop of anything. Electric and kick start. Carbs are perfect; clean, don't leak, no flat spots, jetted and sync'd nicely. Inside of the gas tank is pristine. Oil changed often. Chain, battery and brakes are newer. Custom 4-into-2 exhaust looks, works and sounds great. Everything on the bike works except for the idiot lights (disconnected) and the high beam (haven't looked into). Recently stiffened up the forks, which helps with the sidecar.

The sidecar and sidecar frame are homemade. The longer you look at it, the more neat details you'll find. The shag carpet and van armrests are obvious, as is the Packard hub cap. Look a little longer and you'll notice the custom trailing arm and shock, right next to the cool little step. There are lights all over it (all of which work). The frame is way overbuilt; it was built to handle a ~300lb passenger along with a ~300lb rider, so yeah, you and your old lady will be fine. It's also all removable, but why would you want to do that?

The whole package is awesome. I rode it over 100 miles yesterday, and to work today. The bike/sidecar geometry works perfectly. It's dead straight on the highway (it has cruise control and highway pegs so you can really get comfortable). It'll do 100mph, lift the chair, drop panties and do burnouts. I've ridden it all over New England and wouldn't hesitate to take it anywhere tomorrow. Be prepared for lots of waves and comments from weird old dudes.

If you want a sidecar, but don't want to spend $8k on a Ural made with WW2 technology and Soviet reliability, here it is.

Clean title in hand. Will trade for other cool motorcycles. No test rides, but you can hop in the chair and I'll take you for a rip.
Probably the youngest guy in the room.

Current bikes: 1987 Rebel 250, 1990 Ninja 500, 2009 Honda Shadow 750

Past bikes: 1994 Katana 600

Fairfax Virginia

BinDerSmokDat
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018

Re: [Craigslist Find] 1978 Cb 750 with sidecar, but you gotta see it.

Postby BinDerSmokDat » Wed May 16, 2018 9:11 am

That thing looks like a nightmare...and I wouldn't want to "Do the Ton" on a '78 CBR let alone with that deathtrap of an anchor attached to it. I doubt it would safely do 65mph let alone break 80mph with that side car attached.

stagewex

Postby stagewex » Wed May 16, 2018 12:46 pm

I'm 225 dry-weight and I'd have a tough time getting out of that hack, no less 300lbs. Then again I have a tough time getting out of my daughters Jetta.

Good thing those parallel-bars that look like handles are there. Hope they are thru-bolted?

Still, love the ingenuity. I think the tub is actually to pick-up truck bed tool-box?
Stagewex

2007 Ural Patrol, 2006 Yamaha TW200, 1995 BMW K75, 1969 BMW r60/2US

Lmo

Postby Lmo » Wed May 16, 2018 3:18 pm

First clue ... it has TWO steering dampers on it.

Second clue ... 750 Honda chains are notoriously short-lived ( I never got more than 6000 miles out of one)

But the Packard hub cap is a nice touch! And it IS fitted with car tires.
Lew Morris
Dnepr w/ '06 Ural Drive Train
C5 Power Arc
125/42 jets
Drilled slides/
.030" shims

1973 BMW R75/5 (original owner)
1947 HD FL (long gone, forever regretful)

tgtrotter

Postby tgtrotter » Wed May 16, 2018 3:27 pm

Noticed the car tires. I appreciate the ingenuity too. Looks like a lot of thought put into it. Like there is cabling for leashes in the tub ?
2007 Woodland Green Patrol :foilhead:
2004 FLTRI :machinegun:
1992 Trek 830 :P

Return to “The Black Market”