Mr. Cob, ALL STEEL SKID PLATE, as of 5-5-18, sold out again, thanks for your support.

Got some Russian bikes or parts you want to buy or sell? Advertise your wares here. Individuals only - No dealers in this section please.
Forum rules
This section is for individual forum members to buy, sell, or swap bikes, parts or accessories. Once the item has sold, please edit your post and put "SOLD" in the topic subject title. Dealers and other commercial entities need to post in "The Gray Market" section. All listings must be motorcycle related, preferrably for Urals or Dneprs. No guns, real estate, etc. All items must have an asking price or what you are willing to trade for. No auctions or bids here. If you want to auction an item, put it on eBay and post a link to your item's auction on eBay here.
santareg
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018

Re: Mr. Cob, ALL STEEL SKID PLATE, as of 5-5-18, sold out again, thanks for your support.

Postby santareg » Mon May 07, 2018 12:23 am

PM Sent - check written, in envelope and ready for the post office.....
:old: :old:
Ron Gerhart aka "Santa"
Сани Санта-два
2014 Ural Gear Up -- Santa's Sleigh #2
1977 BMW / Sputnik -- Santa's Sleigh #1 -- Sold
2005 Kawasaki 1600 Vulcan / Motorvation Formula II -- KawaHack -- Sold
A.S.A. Herzo Base 64-68 SP5

oilfield_trash

Re: Mr. Cob, ALL STEEL SKID PLATE, as of 5-5-18, sold out again, thanks for your support.

Postby oilfield_trash » Wed May 09, 2018 11:28 pm

I've got one of these on my 2016 GU with Raceway 2-1 exhaust. No worries jacking it up from this thing. It's a BEAST.
Eric
Sidecar Newbie/Moto Addict
2016 Ural Ambassador (Svetlana)
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere (Brienne)
2012 Suzuki DR650 (Furiosa)
2014 Aprilia Dorsoduro (Alesandra)
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer (Sofia)
2000 Honda Nighthawk 750 (Nighthawk)
2016 Ducati Diavel Carbon

oilfield_trash

Postby oilfield_trash » Wed May 09, 2018 11:40 pm

Eric
Sidecar Newbie/Moto Addict
2016 Ural Ambassador (Svetlana)
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere (Brienne)
2012 Suzuki DR650 (Furiosa)
2014 Aprilia Dorsoduro (Alesandra)
2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer (Sofia)
2000 Honda Nighthawk 750 (Nighthawk)
2016 Ducati Diavel Carbon

santareg

Postby santareg » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:56 pm

After waiting to long to install this plus excessive heat in the garage. I started the portable AC and and went out to install the freshly painted black Mr. Cob skid plate (nick-named "Rock Crusher") at 12:30 in the morning. Thanks to the excellent instructions and video photos plus advice from the "man" on tapping the motor mount shafts all went well with only one sight issue with the crossover clamp that if I had checked first would not have been a none issue. Anyway repositioning the clamp took a few extra minutes and total install was done by 02:30, OK for a 75 year old out of shape fat guy. Everything went smooth thanks to the great instructions and manufacturing by Dave (Mr.Cob). If I can get it done you shouldn't hesitate to buy this great addition to protect your motor. As soon as it cools off a little I will go out to crush rocks for our Arizona style front un-yard!!!
:old: Santa :old:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by santareg on Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Gerhart aka "Santa"
Сани Санта-два

mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Postby mr. cob » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:17 am

Howdy all you Mr. Cob, skid plate owners,

Thanks for your endorsements they mean a lot to me and I appreciate them.

Ron, thanks for your photos, I should up date the instructions to talk about that clamp on the cross over tube, way back in the olden days when I first designed this thing that clamp wasn't used so it didn't pose a problem. Ron, as your write up and photos show its still not a problem just something that has to be rotated out of the way.

Thanks again for buying the ugliest, strongest, heaviest, darn skid plate made for the mighty Ural, now go out smash stuff with it there is no crumple zone to be concerned about. :D

Dave
Mr. Cob

Driver of the "Predator" a highly modified 2005 Gear-Up.

Driver of the "Canyon Acrobat" a 2008 Gear-Up, this rig is now driven primarily by "Mrs. Cob"

Driver of the "Kraken", 2014 Asphalt Gray Gear-Up that will be used to prove out and test parts for the new generation of Fueli rigs.

My Photo galleries, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

Join "Smugmug", click this link and save some money, https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6

santareg

Postby santareg » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:49 am

mr. cob wrote:Howdy all you Mr. Cob, skid plate owners,

Thanks for your endorsements they mean a lot to me and I appreciate them.
Ron, thanks for your photos, I should up date the instructions to talk about that clamp on the cross over tube, way back in the olden days when I first designed this thing that clamp wasn't used so it didn't pose a problem. Ron, as your write up and photos show its still not a problem just something that has to be rotated out of the way.

Thanks again for buying the ugliest, strongest, heaviest, darn skid plate made for the mighty Ural, now go out smash stuff with it there is no crumple zone to be concerned about. :D
Dave

Your welcome, but there is a crumple zone, me (or maybe the rocks)! Thanks again for the excellent "ugliest, strongest, heaviest, darn skid plate made".
:old: Santa
Ron Gerhart aka "Santa"
Сани Санта-два

Return to “The Black Market”