Mr. Cob, ALL STEEL SKID PLATE, as of 5-5-18, sold out again, thanks for your support.

Got some Russian bikes or parts you want to buy or sell? Advertise your wares here. Individuals only - No dealers in this section please.
Forum rules
This section is for individual forum members to buy, sell, or swap bikes, parts or accessories. Once the item has sold, please edit your post and put "SOLD" in the topic subject title. Dealers and other commercial entities need to post in "The Gray Market" section. All listings must be motorcycle related, preferrably for Urals or Dneprs. No guns, real estate, etc. All items must have an asking price or what you are willing to trade for. No auctions or bids here. If you want to auction an item, put it on eBay and post a link to your item's auction on eBay here.
Lofty
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018

Re: Mr. Cob, ALL STEEL SKID PLATE, as of 3-22-18, "5" were avaliable, 4 have been sold.

Postby Lofty » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:21 pm

Thank you for the reply.

mr. cob wrote:Bottom line, I don't do this for a living, I do it as a service to the discerning Uralista who has seen what's out there and wants something better.

It's your money, spend it wisely.

That's precisely why this discerning rider asked the question. Now I know how to proceed.
Inventory:
2018 Ural Gear Up
2015 Suzuki DR650

Waffl6
Party Member
Party Member

Re: Mr. Cob, ALL STEEL SKID PLATE, "5" were avaliable, 3 have been sold.

Postby Waffl6 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:22 pm

mr. cob wrote:Howdy Waffl6,

I won't be building any more skid plates until August of 2018. Usually by late September I take off and don't usually get back home until late November, if my wife retires this year I may take the whole winter off. So buy them now when I have material and time to build, or wait until August at the earliest before I have time to build another batch. I am NOT a business, I build these skid plates for the discerning Uralista in my spare time when enough interest has been shown to make it worth my while to build a batch. I don't stock any inventory, I build to order. If your going to buy a Ural in the near future, buy the skid plate now so you will have it ready to bolt on when your new Ural arrives. Thanks for your interest in my skid plate.

Dave

Looks like the decision has been made for me, it will have to wait. I just can't justify buying a piece to a bike I don't own...it's like buying a scope for a rifle you don't have...all you can do is look at it.

The Ural will be my year rounder, I don't own a car anymore and when I do own another, it'll likely be a Trans-Am, which means no winter driving it.

I'd rather someone else get it, so that they can actually use it. I can wait for the skid plate.

Good luck to whoever buys the fifth.

Edit: Now let's just hope I don't forget about it, because I likely will be less active here at that point...will be recovered and finally be spending more time riding than sitting.
Probably the youngest guy in the room.

Current bikes: 1987 Rebel 250, 1990 Ninja 500, 2009 Honda Shadow 750

Past bikes: 1994 Katana 600

Fairfax Virginia

mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Postby mr. cob » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:36 pm

Waffl6 wrote:
mr. cob wrote:Howdy Waffl6,

I won't be building any more skid plates until August of 2018. Usually by late September I take off and don't usually get back home until late November, if my wife retires this year I may take the whole winter off. So buy them now when I have material and time to build, or wait until August at the earliest before I have time to build another batch. I am NOT a business, I build these skid plates for the discerning Uralista in my spare time when enough interest has been shown to make it worth my while to build a batch. I don't stock any inventory, I build to order. If your going to buy a Ural in the near future, buy the skid plate now so you will have it ready to bolt on when your new Ural arrives. Thanks for your interest in my skid plate.

Dave

Looks like the decision has been made for me, it will have to wait. I just can't justify buying a piece to a bike I don't own...it's like buying a scope for a rifle you don't have...all you can do is look at it.

The Ural will be my year rounder, I don't own a car anymore and when I do own another, it'll likely be a Trans-Am, which means no winter driving it.

I'd rather someone else get it, so that they can actually use it. I can wait for the skid plate.

Good luck to whoever buys the fifth.

Edit: Now let's just hope I don't forget about it, because I likely will be less active here at that point...will be recovered and finally be spending more time riding than sitting.

Howdy Waffl6,

When you get your Ural, and if your still interested in a skid plate let me know and if I am home I'll see what I can do about getting one to you. Thanks again for your interest in my skid plate.

Dave
Mr. Cob

Driver of the "Predator" a highly modified 2005 Gear-Up.

Driver of the "Canyon Acrobat" a 2008 Gear-Up, this rig is now driven primarily by "Mrs. Cob"

Driver of the "Kraken", 2014 Asphalt Gray Gear-Up that will be used to prove out and test parts for the new generation of Fueli rigs.

My Photo galleries, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

Join "Smugmug", click this link and save some money, https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6

Waffl6
Party Member
Party Member

Postby Waffl6 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:43 pm

mr. cob wrote:
When you get your Ural, and if your still interested in a skid plate let me know and if I am home I'll see what I can do about getting one to you. Thanks again for your interest in my skid plate.

Dave

I appreciate the offer and I'll definitely let you know when I finally pick one up.
Probably the youngest guy in the room.

Current bikes: 1987 Rebel 250, 1990 Ninja 500, 2009 Honda Shadow 750

Past bikes: 1994 Katana 600

Fairfax Virginia

mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Re: Mr. Cob, ALL STEEL SKID PLATE, as of 4-8-18, only "1" from this batch.

Postby mr. cob » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:24 pm

Howdy All,

I want to thank all the folks who have bought skid plates from the last batch I built, I really appreciate it. I probably won't be building another batch until sometime in August of 2018, I have most of the late spring and summer planed and will probably be going on an extended trip in September, that being the case I won't have much time to build skid plates.

Dave
Mr. Cob

Driver of the "Canyon Acrobat" a 2008 Gear-Up, this rig is now driven primarily by "Mrs. Cob"

Driver of the "Kraken", 2014 Asphalt Gray Gear-Up that will be used to prove out and test parts for the new generation of Fueli rigs.

Join "Smugmug", click this link and save some money, https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6

vitz
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Mr. Cob, ALL STEEL SKID PLATE, as of 4-8-18, only "1" left from this batch.

Postby vitz » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:40 am

Glad I picked one up when I did! Safe travels and looking forward to the skid plate once it arrives.

mexican
Comrade
Comrade

Postby mexican » Wed May 02, 2018 11:27 pm

Mr Cob
Would like to order one in Aug when you get back but wondering
Will your skid plate will fit with the spin oil filter that is verticle one
Not factory but see below.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Central Texas Hill Country
2011 Gear_Up
2007 Vmax

mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Postby mr. cob » Wed May 02, 2018 11:41 pm

mexican wrote:Mr Cob
Would like to order one in Aug when you get back but wondering
Will your skid plate will fit with the spin oil filter that is verticle one
Not factory but see below.

Howdy Mexican,

I have ONE skid plate in stock, get it now if you want one I can't guarantee when I'll make another batch.

I have not used that filter so I don't know how far down it protrudes, if it sits low enough to hit the front lip all you would have to do is cut a clearance notch in the front lip. You might have to loosen the four bolts that hold the bottom plate to the support legs or simply just take those bolts out, drop the bottom plate, change the filter, reinstall the bottom plate, doing this might add a couple of minutes to your oil change time.

Dave
Mr. Cob

mexican
Comrade
Comrade

Postby mexican » Thu May 03, 2018 8:13 pm

I was hoping it would fit underneath to protect the exposed filter in lower front. It looks like the filter is even with cross over pipe. see photo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Central Texas Hill Country
2011 Gear_Up
2007 Vmax

mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Postby mr. cob » Thu May 03, 2018 8:32 pm

mexican wrote:I was hoping it would fit underneath to protect the exposed filter in lower front. It looks like the filter is even with cross over pipe. see photo

Howdy mexican,

The BLACK filter you showed in your first photo "should fit" by dropping the bottom plate, installing the filter then reinstalling the bottom plate not that big of a deal, using the BLACK filter it looks like the bottom of the filter will clear the front lip on the skid plate but I CAN NOT guarantee that it may have to be slightly notched.

The ORANGE and BLACK filter will NOT fit with my skid plate with out sever notching the front lip. My skid plate was NOT designed to work with such a filter so there is NO WAY I can guarantee it will fit with or protect such a filter.

I would strongly suggest going to the new style front cover and using the new style spin on filter, my skid plate works with that filer setup NO PROBLEM. If you were local I could modify the bottom plate to be used with a filter like those in your photos but this is something I would have to do on the rig to be sure it will fit and protect the filter.

Dave
Mr. Cob

santareg

Postby santareg » Sun May 06, 2018 12:42 am

PM Sent....
Santa
Ron Gerhart aka "Santa"
Сани Санта-два
2014 Ural Gear Up -- Santa's Sleigh #2
1977 BMW / Sputnik -- Santa's Sleigh #1 -- Sold
2005 Kawasaki 1600 Vulcan / Motorvation Formula II -- KawaHack -- Sold
A.S.A. Herzo Base 64-68 SP5

mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Postby mr. cob » Sun May 06, 2018 12:45 am

santareg wrote:PM Sent....
Santa

PM received.
Mr. Cob

santareg

Postby santareg » Sun May 06, 2018 1:15 am

Granite Falls----Used to spend a couple weeks a year camping, hiking, climbing Mt Pilchuck and fishing out of Verlot every summer of junior and senior high. The first year I had a car (1960), a 1950 Pontiac I was speeding when I went through Granite Falls and saw the local police come out of a cafe to chase after me. At the time he was in a 50-52 Chevrolet, my straight eight out ran him until I found an old logging road to duck into and hide until I saw him returning to town (it was dark). Thought it was funny until I realized I had to go back thru town to get home the end of the week! Waited until 2am to drive thru and didn't see him but was sure my a$$ was grass! Dumb kid from Burien, WA. Many more stories but not on this forum....
Santa...
:) :o :(
Ron Gerhart aka "Santa"
Сани Санта-два

santareg

Postby santareg » Sun May 06, 2018 1:37 am

PM Sent.
Super, sold... Do you accept PayPal? If not I will get my check in the mail Monday. Will this be a signed one? Did not expect one would still be available since I was late on my request. FYI, recommended highly by siberman1..
Thanks,
Santa
:old: :boogie: :old:
Ron Gerhart aka "Santa"
Сани Санта-два

mr. cob
Order of Victory
Order of Victory

Postby mr. cob » Sun May 06, 2018 2:29 am

santareg wrote:PM Sent.
Super, sold... Do you accept PayPal? If not I will get my check in the mail Monday. Will this be a signed one? Did not expect one would still be available since I was late on my request. FYI, recommended highly by siberman1..
Thanks,
Santa
:old: :boogie: :old:

Howdy Santa,

If you want it singed that's an extra 25 bucks, let me know how you want it plain or collectable :lol: seriously, thanks for buying the last one of this batch, may it serve you well.

Dave
Mr. Cob

Return to “The Black Market”