Black Ribbon Ride NMRM July 15-17

Planning a local ride or a Rally? Let other folks know here so they can ride along.
Forum rules
This is the place to plan a ride or let others know about upcoming rides. Please post stories and/or pictures of the ride once it happens in the "Ride Reports" section. Please put the city and state of the rally or start of the ride so folks can attend.
tooluser55
Comrade
Comrade

Black Ribbon Ride NMRM July 15-17

Postby tooluser55 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:29 am

This is a family friendly don't care what you ride but if you do did or want to ride in the wind you are welcome. The National Motorcycle Rider Memorial is a permanently leased part of the Shelton Way side Park on HYW. 19 between Fossil and Spray Oregon. The Memorial is the old paved road abandoned when they built the new one. This is about 2-2.5 miles long winding down a canyon. The HYW. on the uphill side and a gravel road on the bottom side where the camp ground is next to the creek. There is 186 acres and some 50 developed camp sites most all have running water and fire rings with a table and short walk to a toilet. This is a long strip of land and each camp site could hold a large RV and campers there are 51 sites developed. There are going to be vendors, bike games and kid games, Live music Friday and Saturday night. This is a very good cause I personally am a member and have bought mine and Paulas brick for the Memorial. This is the web site for more info. http://nmrm.memberlodge.org/event-2055658 not sure how to make this work as a link. Last year we used the shovel from my Ural for the ground breaking cerimony That was only fitting. There are some really good OHV trails and old roads some I have explored and some I have yet to. All in All this is a good run with good people for a good cause that won't break the bank.

Return to “Upcoming Rides & Rallies”