2016 SOUR

Planning a local ride or a Rally? Let other folks know here so they can ride along.
Forum rules
This is the place to plan a ride or let others know about upcoming rides. Please post stories and/or pictures of the ride once it happens in the "Ride Reports" section. Please put the city and state of the rally or start of the ride so folks can attend.
mr. cob
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2017

Re: 2016 SOUR

Postby mr. cob » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:29 pm

54vintage wrote:
mr. cob wrote:Howdy All,

OK, I am confused don't worry this is a normal state of mind for me. :(

I need some clarification so I can make reservations, are most folks showing up at the rally site on May 30th or May29th? Is June 2nd an actual rally day with activities or is it the day everyone is leaving? As the RV sites are few and a bit spendy I want to make sure I reserve a site for the full dates of the rally but don't want to reserve the site for days when folks won't be there. Hope I addressed the information I need and didn't confuse you folks. :?

Dave

Hi Dave,

Here it is....first Official day is Monday 30th of May.....last Official day is Thursday 2nd of June. Now there has been some folks who wonder why not this Blah Blah day to this Blah Blah day. To this I say (two things) 1....come early if you like and stay later if you like. 2....when I opened the SOUR 2016 thread no one grabbed the ball and ran with it.....so I did.... :D I'm for sure going to be there on those dates ( along with the whole fam damily) enjoying the great rides in the area and the wonderful hot springs.

I hope this helps :cheers:

Chuck

Howdy Chuck,

OK, I just was wondering if folks plan to arrive on the 30th or if some sort of event activities were happening on the 30th, if there are event activities happening on the 30th I would want to show up and get settled in on the 29th as to enjoy playing with others on the 30th. As to leaving, my wife is a school teacher and has to be back at work on the 3rd so that means we have to leave the morning of the 2nd. Trying to figure out when or if to book reservations.

Dave
Mr. Cob

Driver of the "Predator" a highly modified 2005 Gear-Up.

Driver of the "Canyon Acrobat" a 2008 Gear-Up, this rig is now driven primarily by "Mrs. Cob"

Driver of the "Kraken", 2014 Asphalt Gray Gear-Up that will be used to prove out and test parts for the new generation of Fueli rigs.

My Photo galleries, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

Join "Smugmug", click this link and save some money, https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6

54vintage
Comrade General
Comrade General

Postby 54vintage » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:52 am

Hi Dave,

As it was last year, I saw this as a ride rally. So as far as events happening on the 30th I don't know. Check in time is 3pm, but it being (almost) summer the days are nice and long. So I could see going out for a spin after getting there. The way I see it is that we have two and a half days to explore the area.....(and three nights to soak in the hot springs).....hopefully that's enough to make everyone happy.....if that's possible :wink:

Speaking for myself and if I had more money than time, I'd go for even a longer stay (come before the 30th and stay after the 2nd) but being a working class dog...it ain't in the cards.

Chuck
Chuck Loftin

2014 Sage Green GU

1974 R90S----gone
2009 G650GS---outtahere

mr. cob

Postby mr. cob » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:32 pm

Howdy All,

Can some of the folks coming to this rally please post up their plans as to date your arriving, thanks.

Dave
Mr. Cob

Driver of the "Canyon Acrobat" a 2008 Gear-Up, this rig is now driven primarily by "Mrs. Cob"

Driver of the "Kraken", 2014 Asphalt Gray Gear-Up that will be used to prove out and test parts for the new generation of Fueli rigs.

Join "Smugmug", click this link and save some money, https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6

sagerat

Postby sagerat » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:23 pm

Being a working stiff without oodles of vacation, I'd probably roll in Saturday and out Monday, missing most of the fun. I'm about 50/50 for SOUR, but will do scouting and post pics here or start a recon thread as the rally gets closer.
2004 Ural Tourist

2009 BMW R1200GS Adventure

2017 Kawasaki KLR 650

Saving pennies for a fuel-injected Ural Gear Up

54vintage
Comrade General
Comrade General

Postby 54vintage » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:40 pm

sagerat wrote:Being a working stiff without oodles of vacation, I'd probably roll in Saturday and out Monday, missing most of the fun. I'm about 50/50 for SOUR, but will do scouting and post pics here or start a recon thread as the rally gets closer.

Hi Peter.....I've been having some conversations with Mr. Cob.....he makes a good point....this is a long way to go for a lot of folks....so starting the SOUR sooner is on the board for comment. I'm thinking about Friday the 27th to June 2nd.....this hopefully would make the long journey worth it.
So I hope some will read this and chime in on it.

:cheers:

Chuck
Chuck Loftin

2014 Sage Green GU

1974 R90S----gone
2009 G650GS---outtahere

mr. cob

Postby mr. cob » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:47 pm

Howdy All,

I need to get moving on this quickly if I am going to make RV site reservations, my plan if we attend is to arrive late afternoon-early evening on May 28th, Donna has to work on the 27th, stay for the rally and leave early the morning of June 2nd as Donna has to work on the 3rd. So please post up the dates you plan to be at the rally site. Thanks.

Dave
Mr. Cob

54vintage
Comrade General
Comrade General

Postby 54vintage » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:59 pm

I need to get moving on this quickly if I am going to make RV site reservations, my plan if we attend is to arrive late afternoon-early evening on May 28th, Donna has to work on the 27th, stay for the rally and leave early the morning of June 2nd as Donna has to work on the 3rd. So please post up the dates you plan to be at the rally site. Thanks.

Dave

You heard the man....get your buns in gear and CHIME IN!! The SOUR is now going to be near a week long!! Come be a part to SOUR history!!

Just think...after a nice days ride you can soak your weary bones till you skin shrivels like a prune :lol:
Chuck Loftin

2014 Sage Green GU

1974 R90S----gone
2009 G650GS---outtahere

rebelrider
Comrade General
Comrade General

Postby rebelrider » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:04 am

I plan to be there May 26-31. Can't stay later than that.
It'll be just me, my bike, and a tent.

Looks like the tent sites are all booked. :(
Anyone staying there on similar days, that I could share a site with? I'll pay the extra person fee.
Mike
Image2014 Ural M70 "Trogdor"
1987 Honda CMX250C "Rebel"
1979 Puch Moped "Wasp"

Maico Ron
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Maico Ron » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:15 am

I'll be arriving on the 31st and maybe going up for the Black Dog the next weekend. :)
2014 Gear Up "Asphalt Gray"

Keep the Rubber Side Down and When in Doubt "Gas It"

54vintage
Comrade General
Comrade General

Postby 54vintage » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:41 pm

rebelrider wrote:I plan to be there May 26-31. Can't stay later than that.
It'll be just me, my bike, and a tent.

Looks like the tent sites are all booked. :(
Anyone staying there on similar days, that I could share a site with? I'll pay the extra person fee.

Mike....there is a field on the east side of the place....no reservations needed....but still $20 per night.
Chuck Loftin

2014 Sage Green GU

1974 R90S----gone
2009 G650GS---outtahere

mr. cob

Postby mr. cob » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:46 pm

Howdy All,

After reading Ron's post, ( thanks Ron for posting this years Black Dog, dates ) I can't attend this years SOUR. I hadn't yet checked the Black Dog, web page to get the dates I "assumed" it would be the second weekend but it is the first weekend of June, for years I have helped clear trails, hang ribbons, prove out the roll charts and lend a hand where needed to help setup this event. That being the case I'll be in Hood River from the 30th of May until the 6th of June.

Darn it, to many things to do and so little time to do them in. Have fun, post tons of photos and please someone do a good ride report to share with those of us who for whatever reason couldn't make it.

Dave
Mr. Cob

54vintage
Comrade General
Comrade General

Postby 54vintage » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:33 pm

After reading Ron's post, ( thanks Ron for posting this years Black Dog, dates ) I can't attend this years SOUR. I hadn't yet checked the Black Dog, web page to get the dates I "assumed" it would be the second weekend but it is the first weekend of June, for years I have helped clear trails, hang ribbons, prove out the roll charts and lend a hand where needed to help setup this event. That being the case I'll be in Hood River from the 30th of May until the 6th of June.

Darn it, to many things to do and so little time to do them in. Have fun, post tons of photos and please someone do a good ride report to share with those of us who for whatever reason couldn't make it.

Dave

Darn shame Dave, but stuff happens.....good thing for you is that you'll be having fun anyway. I plan on taking some video and lots shots to record the show so you'll get to see what went on. Not to mention if we have the same or close to turn out like last year, there will be lots of photos taken by other folks.

Chuck
Chuck Loftin

2014 Sage Green GU

1974 R90S----gone
2009 G650GS---outtahere

rebelrider
Comrade General
Comrade General

Postby rebelrider » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:23 pm

54vintage wrote:Mike....there is a field on the east side of the place....no reservations needed....but still $20 per night.

Sounds great! Thanks for letting me know.
Mike
Image2014 Ural M70 "Trogdor"
1987 Honda CMX250C "Rebel"
1979 Puch Moped "Wasp"

lpenney
Party Member
Party Member

Postby lpenney » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:00 pm

I've rented a cabin at Summer Lakes Hot Springs.

Plan is to arrive on Sunday 5/29 and depart on Wednesday 6/1. Monday 6/30 is Memorial Day, so that gives me an extra day to stay.
2007 Ural Patrol
2001 Yamaha TW200 (gone but not forgotten)

54vintage
Comrade General
Comrade General

Postby 54vintage » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:28 pm

lpenney wrote:I've rented a cabin at Summer Lakes Hot Springs.

Plan is to arrive on Sunday 5/29 and depart on Wednesday 6/1. Monday 6/30 is Memorial Day, so that gives me an extra day to stay.

Ohhh an uptown camper :wink: ....cool, the cabins there are very nice....in fact the family and I are going over in a couple of weeks for a nights stay in one of them. Kind of a recon mission for the SOUR.
Chuck Loftin

2014 Sage Green GU

1974 R90S----gone
2009 G650GS---outtahere

Return to “Upcoming Rides & Rallies”