Houston TURD Labor Day 2013

Planning a local ride or a Rally? Let other folks know here so they can ride along.
Forum rules
This is the place to plan a ride or let others know about upcoming rides. Please post stories and/or pictures of the ride once it happens in the "Ride Reports" section. Please put the city and state of the rally or start of the ride so folks can attend.
kentsilk
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2017

Re: Houston TURD Labor Day 2013

Postby kentsilk » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:30 pm

Uralist

I am planning the recon trip for August the 3rd. It is a Saturady. I want to see the pavolin and map out a course for a 2 to 2.5 hour ride for outting. Any one is invite to the recon if you wish to ride along and help plan a route. I am thinking it would be good to meetup early maybe 8 or 8:30 am.

The Labor Day gathering is looking like several fokes will be attending. I have at less 6 ural and one side car on the list right now.

Any that wants more information please feel free to PM me.

Land Elephan and Mike is this a good day for the recon?
Kent Silk
Houston, TX (Spring/Kline)
2011 Gobi Gear UP

kentsilk

Postby kentsilk » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:00 pm

Ural Patch.png

This is a patch that I am working on for those attending this event. I would like to get some feed back on like or dislike. I thought it would be nice to have a patch that sets us apart. Oh yah our rigs do that all by themselves. Okay so I am trying.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kent Silk
2011 Gobi Gear UP

kentsilk

Postby kentsilk » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:20 pm

Yesterday Saturday July 13th I picked up my 2011 Gobi from Sealy Cycle Center after some engine work. Bike is running great. I meet a new Uralist that just purchased the 2013 Yamel. I was excited for him though I forgot to get his name. I am hoping that he'll join us on Labor Day. I did remember to tell him about the forum and the upcoming event. Let's hope he'll read the forum.

Sealy did a wonderful job of resetting up my bike and it handles like a charm. have to take it easy for the next 500Km the pistons and jugs and rings had to be replaced. The first dealership did not setup the bike correctly so URAL USA took great care of me and got me with Sealy's team.

I'm ready to for the upcome Recon ahead of the Labor Day outing. I am trying to setup a meeting spot for those that will join me on the recon ride. I am looking at the Love Truck Stop at US59 and FM2025 in Cleveland TX. still would like to meet up between 8:00 and 8:30. the goal is to confirm the picnic provillion and scout out a nice ride through the forest for the Labor Day Ride IN.
Kent Silk
2011 Gobi Gear UP

cmaridersa
Comrade General
Comrade General

Postby cmaridersa » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:05 pm

In N Ky until at least the end of Aug. Maybe I can go an alternate route and come down through Houston on the way back. Should have the Bandit/TX sidecar on the trailer, but at least it should be running . . . :lol:
Earl
http://www.cmausa.org
2004 Ural Patrol - Molly Tov
2000 R1150GS/Ural sidecar
2008 Suzuki Bandit w/TX Ranger sidecar---for sale

SwampFox
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Postby SwampFox » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:07 pm

cmaridersa wrote: ... Should have the Bandit/TX sidecar on the trailer, but at least it should be running . . . :lol:

:foilhead: Looking fwd to pics of this new outfit. :cheers:
Lee
USCA South Central Director
Summer Grove, LA USA
R1100GS with CSM Sidecar
CRF250L + TW200
Burgman with Texas Ranger <Mrs. SwampFox's

kentsilk

Postby kentsilk » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:30 pm

cmaridersa wrote:In N Ky until at least the end of Aug. Maybe I can go an alternate route and come down through Houston on the way back. Should have the Bandit/TX sidecar on the trailer, but at least it should be running . . . :lol:

We'll take you anyway just as long as you get to come. I am praying for a good turnout, I know it will be enjoyable for those attending. Keep us posted on your travel plans and times.
Kent Silk
2011 Gobi Gear UP

one-night

Postby one-night » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:23 pm

i was hoping to be able to make the recon, but i am waiting for my mechanic to get the parts to replace fork seals in the Virago that now serves as tug with the California Companion. i was at the Uncertain Rendezvous last year, but did not make the Spring Turd this year. if he gets the parts in before saturday i will let him start on it, if he doesn't then i will meet you there in Cleveland. either way i will make the event Labor Day.
jeri
1984 Yamaha Virago/California Companion
2003 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

kentsilk

Postby kentsilk » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:43 pm

One-night we would enjoy having you along on Saturday. right now there is three that will be joining the recon ride. the more the marrier. if your bike is not ready then we'll enjoy seeing you on Labor Day Sept 2nd.
Kent Silk
2011 Gobi Gear UP

The Bronze
Comrade
Comrade

Postby The Bronze » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:34 am

kentsilk wrote:Sealy did a wonderful job of resetting up my bike and it handles like a charm. have to take it easy for the next 500Km the pistons and jugs and rings had to be replaced. The first dealership did not setup the bike correctly so URAL USA took great care of me and got me with Sealy's team.

Now that has a familiar ring to it! Sorry is taken me so long to reply. Work has kept me very busy. If love to attend the recon ride, but I have to work. My schedule for Labor Day should be open, but I won't know until that weekend. Sarah and I had a great time at the TURD rally and would love to attend this one.

Mike
08 Ural Patrol - The Kalishnikart
70 R75/5
12 Triumph Speed Triple
11 Victory Vision
67 VW Microbus

Two wrongs don't make a right, and three rights make a left!

kentsilk

Postby kentsilk » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:50 pm

RECON Report: Folks what a great recon mission we had today. 4 rigs turned out for the recon, One Night, Land Elephant, Mike, Kent and Ana. I would say we all had a great time. The Picnic Area is available for us to use though the pavillion is not. We will have 4 picnic table grouped togethere. The Double Lake area has a $6.00 day us fee per vechicle. There is some water in the lake and people where swimming today if some wanted to cool off that option is available. the bathroom are right at the picninc area with easy access. It might be good to bring folding chairs the picnic tables are made of concrete.

Some Items that will be needed that I am hoping we might get someone to commit to bringing.

Paper Plates and Napkins
Flatware (forks and knives)

Hamburger & Hotdog along with the fixins - Ana and Kent Silk

we would like folks to bring their own drinks and a Side Dish or Desert to share with the group.

Double Lake Recation Area:
TURD_1.png

The Ride will is about 60 km and will take about 1.5 hours. the plan is to gather at the picnic area in the morning and head out on the ride at 10:00 AM. We'll ride around the forest as shown in the attached photo. the plan is to return about 11:30 to Noon and have lunch shortly there after.

If poosible I would like to start to get a count of those the will be attending so we can ensure there is enough food for all. Remember September 2nd is just around the corner now. Mark your calendars and be here.

The general ride route :
TURD_1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kent Silk
2011 Gobi Gear UP

johnnyr330

Postby johnnyr330 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:52 pm

hey guys! joyce and i plan on attending the labor day rally .. we will be in grapeland for a festival on the wend and plan on stopping by on the way home. we aren't certain tho since her cancer treatment is still in the planning stage but we will give it a try ... johnny pearce

goldwing/moline sidecar

kentsilk

Postby kentsilk » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:25 pm

johnnyr330 wrote:hey guys! joyce and i plan on attending the labor day rally .. we will be in grapeland for a festival on the wend and plan on stopping by on the way home. we aren't certain tho since her cancer treatment is still in the planning stage but we will give it a try ... johnny pearce

goldwing/moline sidecar

Jonny, first and formost is Joyce. We truly would enjoy having you both join us. Thanks for the post and I will add you to the head count.
Kent Silk
2011 Gobi Gear UP

kentsilk

Postby kentsilk » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:28 pm

Possibly attendees from the records that I have:
Artie and Rosa (2) Pasadena
Ana, Dad and Me (3) New Caney
MSCHRECK "Mike" (1) Cypress
Land Elephant "Charlie" (1) West Texas Area
CCJON "Jan" (?) Cypress
TOBY2Tongues (?) Houston
UralCT "Charlie" (1) Plano
MTBJohnny27 (?) Cibolo
CMARiderSA (?) Hondo
One-Night (2) Huntsville
JohnnyR330 (2) Houston Area
Jerry Bunch (?) Houston Area
Luke Kohanloo (?) Houston Area
TheBronze "Mike and Sarah" (2) Katy
Last edited by kentsilk on Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kent Silk
2011 Gobi Gear UP

Schdoja
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Schdoja » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:34 am

Don't know if I can make this one. I will be returning from vacation that weekend. I plan on attending some other gatherings later on though. Thanks for the invite and have a good time.
2003 Ural Tourist "Cajun Queen"
2001 Ural Bavarian Classic "Svetlana"
1985 Honda V65 Sabre
1972 Vespa Primavera 125 "Gina"
2008 Vespa LX50 w/150 engine "Angelo"

kentsilk

Postby kentsilk » Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:36 pm

Folks

Attached is a flier of the upcoming event. If there is someplace you know where it should be posted please help by posting copies where suited.
UralTURD2013.pdf
TURD.jpg

We are looking for you help to make this event a success - It takes you coming out and going in on the fun.

See you there I hope.
Kent Silk
2011 Gobi Gear UP

Return to “Upcoming Rides & Rallies”