I wanted to start a thread that we can list ALL of the Ural Rallies and ride info nationwide and Canada. I know there used to be a list, but it evidently no longer exists, so...............LET'S MAKE OUR OWN!!
Once we have a pretty good list here, I'll consolidate all of the info and put it in one post so it can be either made a sticky or easily found in a search. I'm going to make this post on the other forums I visit so we can try and get ALL possible rides together in one post on all the sites. I think this will help in making plans and not forgetting or otherwise missing a rally you want to attend. It should also help with increasing attendance.
Here goes, I'll start adding a couple I can think of. Be sure to write what the names mean and any contact info, where they're at, and any other special info you can think of.C.R.A.P.
Rally- Carolina Rider's and Pot Luck. Held at Jordan Lake usually the last weekend of March. Camping next to the lake, nice bath house, lot's of FOOD and drinks. Having a good time and telling stories around the camp fire is mandatory! B.U.R.P.
- BlueRidge Ural Rider's Party, usually the second weekend in July, held at Willville Motorcycle Campground at Meadows of Dan, VA.F.A.R.T.
- Fall Annual Rebellious Tour, second weekend in October held at the KOA East in Black Mountain, NC.Jersey Devil Hunt
- Spring and Fall. Spring Rally is usually around the 2nd weekend in May; Fall Rally is usually around the 2nd weekend in September. Pine Barrens of New Jersey. Sometimes Wharton Forest, sometimes Lebanon Forest (now called Byrne Forest). It is an OFF ROAD rally. Dirt, mud, water fording, deep sugar sand. 2WD not always necessary, but helpful; 1WD rigs with a nobby on the pusher is usually adequate. If not, someone can pull you out with tow straps or come-a-long.NH SCREW
(New Hampshire Sidecar Rally Everyone Wanted) Weare, NH July - Runs Thursday to Sunday, usually the last week of the month. Off-Road, dirt roads & street run in conjunction w/ the Merrimack Valley Military Vehicle Collectors ClubT.U.R.D.
- Texas Ural Riders Division Rally's in May and October in and around Texas. Always check the "Upcoming Rides and Rally's" forum for info.SPITS
aka SPring In The South was a rally that Robbie Moore used to host at the Shriner's Rodeo Grounds in Abbeville, SC each May. NO LONGER EXISTS3x3x3
(Three States, Three Wheels, Three Days)
When: Mid-June, dates change some.
Where: The Russian Triangle (Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, and sometimes Minnesota)
Why: Because several of us got tired of going to ralleys and spending all of the time standing in hot parking lots and not riding.
Who: My wife and I post when and where we are going to be spending a long weekend riding. Then any of our friends that are available come and join us.ACTUrAL
(Apple, Cheese, Touring, UrALs)
When: September or October dates again change some.
Where: Has been in the Russian Triangle, But this year and last it moved a little futher south, but still along the Upper Mississippi River, to include another
triangle (Iowa, Illinois, Missouri).
Why: We decided that one long weekend a year was not enough
Who: See above.H.U.G.
- Holopaw Ural Gathering. Held in November.C.Z.A.R.
Colorado Zidecar Annual Rally - This is the first year being held in the Rocky Mountain National Park area. Mid June. Contact: Coluralado. Camping, riding, Ural games, drinking, homebrew contest, and comraderie.S.O.U.R.
-There will be a Southern Oregon Ural Rally from May 11 till the 15th at Bullards Beach State Park In Bandon, Oregon. The link to the park with maps and reservation information is here; http://www.oregonstateparks.org/park_71.php
AAt this time everyone is making their own reservations. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19893
Attendee list and additional information;viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20569
[/quote]Turkey Leftovers Ride aka Black Saturday
The Saturday after Thanksgiving
New Jersey Pine Barrens (same area as the Jersey Devil Hunt noted above)