Fixing up an old air compressor.

Here's a place for the group to discuss their other brands of bikes, hobbies, and personal interests not related to Ural & Dnepr Sidecar rigs. But not politics...
Forum rules
Here's the place to chat about off-topic stuff, hobbies, and other toys you got. No political posts, they will be deleted and the poster warned. We're not always "politically correct", but the Steeds site is apolitical.
hotflash44
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018

Re: Fixing up an old air compressor.

Postby hotflash44 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:01 am

rebelrider,i was just thinking about this exploding thing,not sure if i personally would be worried think of the good fortune of getting a industrial strength air compressor. life is full of what of dangers, i mean most of my friends think im crazy to drive a Ural its dangerous they say, and what do i do i ride. i would say as to your compressor just use common sense and get it running and enjoy. just think how many millions of un maintained moisture filled compressors there must be, never heard of one blowing ,leaking maybe. IMHO of course! :cheers:
drive a 2016 gear up asphalt grey .Air America CIA circa 1967/8 Vung Tau Viet Nam USS Tutuila ARG-4 (AND JUST A TOUCH OF AGENT ORANGE!)

wooden nickel

Re: Fixing up an old air compressor.

Postby wooden nickel » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:26 am

By hydrostatic I meant with water instead of air

Sorry to tell the truth, I skimmed over that part. Water is the way to go. I'm sure you know the pressure will change very quickly so use a hand pump or a controllable relief or you will just kill it without knowing what the pressure was.
I may not be good, but I'm slow.
Nick
2014 M70 Retros, the sports car of Urals.

Return to “The "Other" Toy Box”