It was a good day to ride 2 Urals

Where have you been riding? Tell us all about your trip. Prove it with pictures! If ya didn't take pictures, it didn't happen...
Forum rules
This is the place for you to post reports about your rides. Remember the mantra: "If you don't post pictures, it didn't happen".
Mothra35
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

It was a good day to ride 2 Urals

Postby Mothra35 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:10 pm

Jan. 16, 2016

Met up with Comrade General for some riding. He just got his new "Sportsman" and was in need of some breaking in km's. Not to much excitement, but fun none the less. And hopefully many more to come.

THE VIDEO

THE TRIP---"J" is also "A" Comrades trip was a little different as we met north of the "Causeway' Bridge. 25mils of boring :lol:

SOME PICTURES

"Somewhere in Folom"

Air Filter Change "felt like I didn't have all my "power" changed the filter felt much better....

Parked behind the Covington Brew House

Bringing some liquid bread home

:cheers: :beerchug:

--2005 Ural Tourist--"Маня"
--1984 Honda Aero 125--
My U-Tube
---Oliver---Оливер--- :headbang:

Comrade General
Comrade
Comrade

Re: It was a good day to ride 2 Urals

Postby Comrade General » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:31 pm

wow, you are going really fast !
-2015 Ural Gear-Up Sportsman Edition

Kilometers2
Comrade General
Comrade General

Postby Kilometers2 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:24 pm

Andrew is lucky to have you there helping him get his rig situated and learning to ride it. He told me before buying his rig that you drove him around and let him even drive your Ural. Kudos to you for bringing a new Ural rider to the fold. :clap:
Miles aka Kilometers
2016 Woodland camouflage Gear Up
previous - 2014 Patrol + 2007 Gear Up

harryball
Comrade General
Comrade General

Postby harryball » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:44 am

Ahh... you can always tell it's a Ural when as a matter of course you see parts strewn about and no one thinks it's odd. :boogie:

Looks like a good day, would love to cross the Pontchartrain bridge on a Ural. But... even though I'm in Georgia I may be crossing the Mackinac bridge on a Ural first.
---
2008 - Tourist - "Ursula"
2010 - Patrol - "Pat"
Robert
http://HabitatForBats.org - Give a bat a home!

Mothra35
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Postby Mothra35 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:27 am

Kilometers2 wrote:Andrew is lucky to have you there helping him get his rig situated and learning to ride it. He told me before buying his rig that you drove him around and let him even drive your Ural. Kudos to you for bringing a new Ural rider to the fold. :clap:

I did it for selfish reasons thou,,,I wanted another Ural riding Partner :lol: No, I am looking forward to service days and more rides. Andrew did great, no ballast, and was ez on the new rig for break-in...and didn't mind waiting around as I tended to my ol gal's breathing problems.

Hopefully when my boy is older we can all meet up and do a Southern Rally or something.

harryball wrote:Ahh... you can always tell it's a Ural when as a matter of course you see parts strewn about and no one thinks it's odd. :boogie:

Looks like a good day, would love to cross the Pontchartrain bridge on a Ural. But... even though I'm in Georgia I may be crossing the Mackinac bridge on a Ural first.

It's a boring straight ride, bumpity bump every expansion joint, but when the sun is just right, seagulls or pelicans are floating in the air, and the water is calm it, is peaceful none the less.

:cheers:
--2005 Ural Tourist--"Маня"
--1984 Honda Aero 125--
My U-Tube
---Oliver---Оливер--- :headbang:

Kilometers2
Comrade General
Comrade General

Postby Kilometers2 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:07 pm

[/quote]

I did it for selfish reasons thou,,,I wanted another Ural riding Partner :lol: No, I am looking forward to service days and more rides. Andrew did great, no ballast, and was ez on the new rig for break-in...and didn't mind waiting around as I tended to my ol gal's breathing problems.

Hopefully when my boy is older we can all meet up and do a Southern Rally [/quote]

I know that feeling all to well. I took the Ural over my touring bike last weekend because I like the character and feel of the Ural ride so much better. I wish there were local active Ural riders. I told Andrew when it warms up I would love to ride the Natchez Trace Parkway. Maybe we could have a rolling rally that starts in Mississippi and ends in Nashville?
Miles aka Kilometers
2016 Woodland camouflage Gear Up
previous - 2014 Patrol + 2007 Gear Up

Return to “Ride Reports”