Mr. Cob and Mike, go Ural-a-ling in the SNOW.

Where have you been riding? Tell us all about your trip. Prove it with pictures! If ya didn't take pictures, it didn't happen...
Forum rules
This is the place for you to post reports about your rides. Remember the mantra: "If you don't post pictures, it didn't happen".
tooluser55
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Mr. Cob and Mike, go Ural-a-ling in the SNOW.

Postby tooluser55 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:52 am

still trying to post pix

tooluser55
Comrade
Comrade

Postby tooluser55 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:04 am

finally got it small enough
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BigJames
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2017

Postby BigJames » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:50 pm

Gwtg wrote:I downloaded one of your images, enlarged it and see that it is a National Cycle Plexistar 2. Thank you.

That is what I have on my Retro and Myrtle. Even keeps some wind off the hands. It does make getting to the key a little tricky on Myrtle (just like a cT, Tourist, Patrol or GU switch).

Mr Cob, those videos made me hate our warm temps over New Year, but only just a little...
BigJames
15 Ural M70
11 Ural Retro (99K and counting)
95/79 Bural Sportsman (Myrtle)
88 HD FLHS Watsonian Cambridge (231K and counting)
51 HD Servicar

mr. cob

Postby mr. cob » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:06 pm

BigJames wrote:
Gwtg wrote:I downloaded one of your images, enlarged it and see that it is a National Cycle Plexistar 2. Thank you.

That is what I have on my Retro and Myrtle. Even keeps some wind off the hands. It does make getting to the key a little tricky on Myrtle (just like a cT, Tourist, Patrol or GU switch).

Mr Cob, those videos made me hate our warm temps over New Year, but only just a little...

Howdy BigJames,

I think I have mentioned this before but maybe not in this thread. The great thing about living where I do is that it rarely snows where I live but I can drive-ride 5-10 miles and be arse deep in snow, play in it then leave it behind as I head back home. The top of Green Mountain at 4,000 feet as the crow flies is 5 miles,10 miles by road, from my home which is at an elevation of 270 feet. This makes for a lot of fun in the old back yard so to speak. :boogie:
Mr. Cob

Driver of the "Predator" a highly modified 2005 Gear-Up.

Driver of the "Canyon Acrobat" a 2008 Gear-Up, this rig is now driven primarily by "Mrs. Cob"

Driver of the "Kraken", 2014 Asphalt Gray Gear-Up that will be used to prove out and test parts for the new generation of Fueli rigs.

My Photo galleries, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

Join "Smugmug", click this link and save some money, https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6

BigJames

Postby BigJames » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:15 pm

mr. cob wrote:
BigJames wrote:

Howdy BigJames,

I think I have mentioned this before but maybe not in this thread. The great thing about living where I do is that it rarely snows where I live but I can drive-ride 5-10 miles and be arse deep in snow, play in it then leave it behind as I head back home. The top of Green Mountain at 4,000 feet as the crow flies is 5 miles,10 miles by road, from my home which is at an elevation of 270 feet. This makes for a lot of fun in the old back yard so to speak. :boogie:

Geez, we are at the same elevation, but to get up high, have to go visit Bural, 250 miles away... It hardly ever snows here, or even close to us and when it does it a freaking hairball! People in Georgia are not mentally equipped to drive in snow... I am jealous... However, I am job hunting though, who knows, may end up there ... :foilhead:
BigJames
15 Ural M70
11 Ural Retro (99K and counting)
95/79 Bural Sportsman (Myrtle)
88 HD FLHS Watsonian Cambridge (231K and counting)
51 HD Servicar

Casty62
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Postby Casty62 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:28 pm

As I started reading this ride report I realized very quickly that "Mike" is a good friend of mine and the reason I own a Ural today. I saw his at work one day and decided right there that I had to have one. It sucks that we live about 100 miles apart but I'm sure there will be much Uraling in the future. Mike was just telling me about this ride over the phone last week. Hope to meet you someday Mr Cob, and thanks for the Great report.
2012 Patrol
No chrome
It's not a speed limit, its a goal.http://sidecarmark.com/

mr. cob

Postby mr. cob » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:40 pm

Casty62 wrote:As I started reading this ride report I realized very quickly that "Mike" is a good friend of mine and the reason I own a Ural today. I saw his at work one day and decided right there that I had to have one. It sucks that we live about 100 miles apart but I'm sure there will be much Uraling in the future. Mike was just telling me about this ride over the phone last week. Hope to meet you someday Mr Cob, and thanks for the Great report.

Howdy Casty62,

Small world sometimes eh. :D Well don't be a stranger if your ever up this way visiting Mike please make contact with me and lets do some Ural-a-ling. :deal:

Dave
Mr. Cob

Driver of the "Predator" a highly modified 2005 Gear-Up.

Driver of the "Canyon Acrobat" a 2008 Gear-Up, this rig is now driven primarily by "Mrs. Cob"

Driver of the "Kraken", 2014 Asphalt Gray Gear-Up that will be used to prove out and test parts for the new generation of Fueli rigs.

My Photo galleries, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

Join "Smugmug", click this link and save some money, https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6

Return to “Ride Reports”