Where_TF is WTF_Chuck?!?

Where have you been riding? Tell us all about your trip. Prove it with pictures! If ya didn't take pictures, it didn't happen...
Forum rules
This is the place for you to post reports about your rides. Remember the mantra: "If you don't post pictures, it didn't happen".
Ivan Rider
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Re: Where_TF is WTF_Chuck?!?

Postby Ivan Rider » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:05 pm

Good Post WTF Chuck I'm glad Tracy is taking such good care of you.
Ivan Rider AKA: Dennis
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivanrider/
5 Urals - White 2010 SoloT, White '08 Retro, Blue '05 Troyka & OD '99 Patrol
3 BMWs 2 with Sidecars & 1 Solo
2 Honda Big Ruckus's -1 Solo & 1 w/ Sidecar

Glazier
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Glazier » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:43 pm

GFY Chuck! !
2007 Tourist
1979 Hard tail Shovel Head

WTF_Chuck
Comrade
Comrade

Postby WTF_Chuck » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:42 am

Ivan Rider - Glad you enjoy the monthly reviews! If only you read them ... my mission is done here! :cheers:

Glazier - GAME ON! Next time I see you ... I'm dragging my Gnome Sac™ across your Ural. Then we shall see who is the real funny man here.

Glazier
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Glazier » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:50 pm

Chuck, you slimy low life. Watch yer back! ! The second your OWNER isn't lookin, you'll be takin a dirt nap.
2007 Tourist
1979 Hard tail Shovel Head

BigJames
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2017

Postby BigJames » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:29 pm

uh oh, don't mess with Chuck, something evil and unexplained may happen to your bike...no, make that will...
BigJames
15 Ural M70
11 Ural Retro (99K and counting)
95/79 Bural Sportsman (Myrtle)
88 HD FLHS Watsonian Cambridge (231K and counting)
51 HD Servicar

WTF_Chuck
Comrade
Comrade

Postby WTF_Chuck » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:49 am

What have I been up to this past January? A whole lot of NOTHING! Between dealing w/Tracy’s Jeep, she got re-ended and the repairs were done in house, and with her being sick for about ½ the month there wasn’t much time for doing anything. The Jeep is back together and so is Tracy but where is January? GONE. This makes me want to flip Gnome-sized tables from here into next week!! While the Jeep was being worked on I was the constant topic of conversation. What can I say? When there is a Gnome in the garage it’s hard to concentrate on the tasks at hand …

We did get out during the 1st parts of the month simply because the sun was out but did we get any photos? Nope. The photo below was sent to us via Facebook from a friend of a friend to Tracy’s husband. Needless to say … when we are out and about we do get around and we do get noticed.

Lastly we attempted to get up to Paradise (Mt. Rainier) but we were sidetracked and ended up picking up a few six packs and hung out in the garage for the remainder of the evening. At least decent beer was a part of the event.

Some summer planning was also ironed out this month. Our Wisconsin trip is OFF. I’m rather miffed about it but I’m not the social director. Seems we are going to Moab instead. Tracy is still going to Wisconsin via Ural but not until 2017, or so she says. I regret that I won’t be w/her next year for this adventure but I have faith she will break down along the way even w/o my assistance. So this is me putting out the call for anybody who wants to take on my zit-filled arse once she leave Moab. Think it over. I’m not that much trouble. Really. You got AAA, right?

Oh, and hey Glazier … GFY. I got a fat Gnome turd w/your name on it. See you at Moab sweet cheeks!

Hope February is a tad more fantastic that the 1st parts of 2016 turned out to be. At least I didn’t have a book to type out this time. You’re welcome.

Lee Pape

Postby Lee Pape » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:44 am

At least we won't have to worry who is going to be stuck with endless Ural repairs after the 3x3x3 this year. You can just keep your sorry patched up arse on the west coast. :sarcasm: :beerchug:
We may not have it all together,
But, together we have it all.

2007 Tourist "The un-named-one"
Riding and working on Urals since 2000.

WTF_Chuck
Comrade
Comrade

Postby WTF_Chuck » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:26 am

February.
The month started off w/a bang … by Tracy almost breaking her arm. I’m getting sick of saying it but I had NOTHING to do w/it! Per Dr.’s orders she had to limit use of it, wrap it and pill pop. Do I need to say it? Not much Uraling took place for two weeks. It was a constant reminder while I was out in the garage. Rotting away.
Once again somebody ended up drawing me in that stupid computer game.

While there was no Uraling taking place there was still Ural related upkeep. Somehow I think I’m going to get blamed for this one. They make a simple pig-tail swap out see some dramatic!
CHOKE THE CHUCK!!!!

Finally, come the 13th, it was time to test the almost broken arm. We got invited to a birthday party for casty62 … at a brewery never the less!! Maico Ron was there. I met him during the MBUR Rally. Mr. Cob even showed his face (I rubbed my arse over his rig once he went inside). PNWSuperbeast was there as well but w/o the Yamal. Lots of other rigs, too. It was raining like hell but there was beer involved. I was outside, alone, unattended for some time. I can’t be held responsible for any misadventures that happen to occur after the event. Somewhere along the lines the party moved. I got blamed for not being keeping tabs on where everybody took off to so our crew was left to their own devices. We ended up at this joint called The Wagon Wheel and took over the place.
It was raining sideways during the drive home.

Random Ural Day on Friday the 19th resulted in a cigar bar hang over the next day. Beer plans that were scheduled for the following day were cancelled but were re-scheduled on the 21st. Away we went to get a beer card punched.
Punch Card BEFORE:
Punch Card AFTER: Seeing double? Where did that 2nd card come from?
It’s not a mailbox … it’s a geocache!
Stash Up!!
Tacoma, Washington

And what would Leap Day be w/o a Leap Day Nerd Event. WARCAT was the mode of transportation into work that day, got another broken fuel canister fixed and then off to rub elbows w/nerds. Parking was hard to find but not when shopping carts are involved! Cages may not be able to fit in these stalls but we can!

February.
Not the best month I have had w/this Gnome Tender but it wasn’t the worst either. I have a feeling the fit is about to hit the shan sooner than later. Things have been quiet for way too long and I’m just the one to stir the pot. I’ve only got March and April left w/this girl and I’m starting feel melancholy. Time to make these last ones count!

Until then … Swede says it smells like farts in here. “LIGHT A MATCH!”

Casty62
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Postby Casty62 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:58 am

My rig smelled like sweaty gnome sack when I left Elk Head. I'm pi$$ed Chuck. In the immortal words of Christopher Walken's character in Joe Dirt "You do that again, I'm gonna stab you in the face with a soldering iron!" You have been warned you little pointy headed sociopath!
2012 Patrol
No chrome
It's not a speed limit, its a goal.http://sidecarmark.com/

BigJames

Postby BigJames » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:13 am

blame customs. When we had him we smuggled him into Canada, thinking he would get stuck there when we crossed the border again. Instead we (wife, son and me on Retro) got a flat tire, and no spare (have one now)... later that day, much later, US Customs let him back in, even without a passport...I tried...
BigJames
15 Ural M70
51 HD Servicar

Casty62
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Postby Casty62 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:54 am

You should have gone to Bolivia
2012 Patrol
No chrome
It's not a speed limit, its a goal.http://sidecarmark.com/

Mothra35
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Postby Mothra35 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:59 am

I find my cat sleeping on the SC cover all the time....use to pi$$ me off, but except it now.
--2005 Ural Tourist--"Маня"

My U-Tube
---Oliver---Оливер--- :headbang:

WTF_Chuck
Comrade
Comrade

Postby WTF_Chuck » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:00 pm

I feel chatty at the moment. Go grab a growler. We are going to be here awhile.

March on!
The 1st weekend of the month was set aside for WARCAT maintenance. As you are all well aware I love to tinker w/things. Lately I’ve been attracted to wires. The dash lane change indicator keeps blinking (it’s been sporadically doing this for well over a year now – but usually only when it rains) and much to my delight this maddens Tracy. hee hee hee. I’m such a little jerk at times. After several attempts to find the short her and her buddy gave up. Electrical tape was applied to the constant blinking of the indicator. They called it the “WTF_Chuck Gnome Fix”. After the insults they then directed their attention to making a geocache out of this poor ol’ chap who was just trying to take care of his morning constitution.

Caught in the act!
And turned into a cache:
So much for getting any work done here today.
Hard work is rewarded w/an ice cold pint at a real local drinking establishment.

WARCAT has well over 120,500km on the frame so I refuse to take blame for parts that need to be replaced based on clicks. This part (seat bracket) was going to be welded and saved for a spare after the replacement but it was cracked all the way through.

Since Saturday was full of maintenance and garage mutterings, Sunday was a play-day up in the hills. One thing I like about Washington State is the mass quantities of forest service roads. By the time we reached the higher elevations it was snowing. The ‘long cut’ we found needs to be noted because it delivered us to that HQT place. Again. I swear Tracy could run for Mayor of this town … and win.
Hard to tell but it’s snowing.
Wish I could take credit for this:

March has surly made its presence known via the lion’s butthole. Rain. Rain. Rain. Rain. A ‘Random Ural into Work Day’ turned out to be one of the wettest days I think I’ve seen here yet. Over a gallon of water needed to be drained from the tub, all riding gear was soaked through and boots sprung a leak. This was a great cover story though because I flat out wet myself along the way. What’s a little gnome dew? We ended up stopping at a few breweries along the way and did some geocaching to make the mileage worth it. Oh, that other fuel can holder I broke finally got replaced.

Geocaching. In the rain. Total downpour. Nothing stops her! I swear!
Redhook Brewery, Woodinville
Black Raven Brewery, Redmond

Finally! March Moto Madness 2016, Pacific Northwest style, claims the 1st “event” of 2016! Tracy went to this even last year, this was before I blessed her w/my presence. I was kind of excited to see what this was all about. The sidecar windshield came off to allow for more packing space and the fairing was removed, due to the crack. It hasn’t been repaired yet and an event like this would surly resulted in a clean break all the way through. Glad she removed it. I already get blamed for enough as it is.
The plan was to meet Tracy’s friends (2 other Urals and a KLR) to convoy to an ORV park west of Olympia. Before we got there WARCAT died (idol needs to be adjusted). This, by itself, wouldn’t have been that big of a deal. You know how much I like electrical tinkerings?! I took out the electric starter this time … right at an intersection! Kick after kick after kick it finally starts. At least three light cycles got a show! After meeting up w/the muster … it was off to camp. The starter didn’t work then either. hee hee hee. I LOVE MY JOB!

All set up. Welcome to Camp Gulag!

Friday.
rebelrider and Todd, w/the KLR, went into town for supplies. Tracy (GO.WARCAT) and Casty62 went geocaching (of course) and found a cool local tavern (of course). When everybody re-grouped Glazier was now part of the pack. Time for the night ride and smack talk after. Electric starter magically began working once camp was set up. PNWSuperbeast was also part of Camp Gulag but he was a MMM Volunteer. We didn’t see much of him at the event. I think he was avoiding me. Little did he know I sat on his rig in the middle of the night.

Already found a local establishment in town.
Glazier, AKA Orange Crush Mike, gets his Hack Monkey number!
Friday night lights! I think this was a beacon to guide these dorks back to the Gulag.

Saturday.
What ride did Tracy select for the day? The Geocahing Ride. Typical. The ride leader couldn’t be located so Tracy got nominated to lead the group. Lucky her. 9 bikes total (4 of them Urals) and 10 bodies. Brandie was brave enough to be Tracy’s hack monkey for the entire day. It was a decent ride; freeway to two lane roads, dirt, then trails and more dirt. Did they ever find the selected geocache? Nope. Something about no cache code or no internet signal or whatever. By this time I wanted out of the rain but nobody else did. Tough crowd. They even managed to find a trail that went up into the snow. Starter conked out a few times on this trip. Hee hee hee

No geocache yet but they we found snow!

On the way back to camp a geocache HAD to be located so they could indeed claim that they went on a “geocaching ride”. Once one was found in the town of Elma it was then off to find a celebration pints and a bite to eat. I, once again, had to stay outside because nobody trusts me these days … yet I’m left, unsupervised, alone, w/all of these bikes.

Determined to find a geocache!

After the scheduled ride was completed Glazer said; “I want to try something.” This was almost as legit as saying “hold my beer”! Another impromptu run back up the mountain side was underway. The hill that he wanted to climb up was no joke. The one KLR that we was with our group with took a dump and resulted in a busted foot peg. The 2006 maroon Tourist made it up the hill like it was its job. WARCAT is having carburetor issues so Tracy didn’t even attempt it. After some repairs, some whiskey and more smack talk, back to camp.

Being a jerk is hard work!
The Gang!
She is so weird!
KLR Todd gave me the ol’ salute because he was sure of the fact that I had something to do w/the busted foot peg.

Sunday.
The weather was pretty decent over the weekend. Some sprinkles here and there. Sunday it flat out poured. Tracy was up at 5am and her camp was tore down and packed up before it really started to come down. Hell! She was ready to roll before anybody even woke up! A Band-Aid was put over the constant blinking of the lane change indicator. It didn’t help.

During the great garage dry out two new cracks were discovered in the tub. I won’t take blame for this one because I do NOT ride in the tub seat. ZERO idea how this one occurred. Honest!

All in all GREAT weekend. It’s really the people who make these things worth wild. I mean, if you can’t have somebody to laugh with you’re really just laughing at yourself.

Remember that damaged fairing many (gnome) moons ago? Tracy finally got off her keester and attempted to get it patched back together. Where’s a good welder when you need it?! At the yard art factory!! That’s where! Tracy has been trying to find somebody to weld this thing for months now but nobody wanted to tackle it. Either it wasn’t a big enough job (that’s what she said) or they were too afraid to mess it up. On a hunch we swung into Joe’s Yard Art on the way home one afternoon. He inspected two of the cracks in the fairing and stated that they were just cracks in the paint. Shew. I don’t like getting the blame for the minor stuff. The other crack was pretty bad. The bracket was starting to punch all the way through the fairing. He simply put a bead on the bracket and smoothed out the crack in the front. Done. While Tracy was there she had him look at the cracks in the tub. He put a bead across those, too. Problem solved! Or at least problem ‘patched’. Charge? ZERO. He was so impressed w/the Ural that he did it for free! What a nice guy! Tracy still gave him American-cash-money-dollars for his help and promised to return to give him a sidecar ride soon.

Joe fixing the fairing:
Crack Repair ™:
ImageImage
WTF_Chuck Repairs w/a BFH:

With all the crap was out of the tub Joe was saddened to see all the rust at the bottom. Come to find out he’s a retired shipyard mate and had just the trick to take care of the mess. He used a ‘needle scabbler’ which provided low vibration action (SO MANY JOKES HERE!!) to rattle the rust away. Worked like a charm … but what a mess it made. Paint chips and chunks of rust everywhere!
The needle scabbler at work:

We ended up spending a lot of time at this shop. It was just a fun place to hang out.

Dr. Strangelove!
This is Joe. Tracy says she meets some of the nicest people all because of this sidecar rig. I’m still wondering how in the hell I wound up in her presence?

After a few hours Casty62 put out the word that he was in the area. The magical word “pint” was uttered so away we went to meet for a quick one. He was just up the hill from where we were at so why not. Managed to worm in a little ride time later that day as well. The afternoon was actually sunny!

There was a bigger crowd around the Urals … and I drug myself across the Vett.
Finally! Finally somebody who smells worse than me!

Another WARCAT service. Tracy sure has a wonderful husband. He’s waving ‘hi’ to me in this photo.
HAIR OF THE DOG!

March 26th - ROUND TWO! The Completion of The Brewery Punch Cards! With an expiration date of 05Apr16 it was time to get on the stick w/completion. There were only 5 breweries left but they were spread out all over the place. With proper planning the card was completed and some fun was had along the way.

Everybody laughs at the sidecar until you’re able to help out a stranded motorcyclist by having extra fuel on hand.
We even met up w/SmellyGoatBoy! Check out how they foiled that pickup truck’s crappy park job:
Accomplishments!

The last brewery put us in the heart of Fremont. Lots to do and see in this area … and plenty of WeirdOs! A few minor rules (laws?) were broken to get that perfect shot. I told them to blame me if push came to shove. It normally turns out that way anyway. How do you think I got my name? This is my second time visiting the Lenin Statue.
Photo by Angela Lyons Photography:
Photo by Angela Lyons Photography:
“He’s right behind me … isn’t he??”

Back to the fairing. Just like the fuel tank Tracy now needed to clean, prime, paint and clear coat everything. Good thing she had supplies left over from last summer’s repair! She kept swearing through the entire process. I’m assuming this repair wasn’t as ‘easy’ as the last one. I guess we are going somewhere this weekend so she needs all of this done by Thursday night. I wonder where we are going. She won’t tell me.
Fairing BEFORE/DURING:
Tub BEFORE/DURING/DRYING:
WARCAT upkeep is hard work! BEER ME!
Now Tracy is no painter and definitely no fabricator but check this out! Other than a little blemish you can hardly tell where the crack was. Color match is better in person. The photo just makes it look ultra clean.

Since she won’t tell me where we were going I thought I’d add more stress to the trip prep the only way I know how. Clutch cable? Nope. Don’t need that. Let me pucker with it! Nothing like some last minute repairs.

March was really a great month! So many beers, friends and so much more room for activities. Looks like I only have April left. Until then I still have time to flip some tables and continue to create havoc! Check you hosers in another month!

GO.WARCAT
Party Member
Party Member

Postby GO.WARCAT » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:59 am

Mothra35 wrote:I find my cat sleeping on the SC cover all the time....use to pi$$ me off, but except it now.

Mothra35; I’ve seen many-o-photos of kitties sleeping on sidecar covers. >^..^< I think they think it’s their personal hammock! Our cats (we have three of them) are indoor only but are only allowed out in the garage if I’m out there for a long period of time working on something. It’s Adventureland™ to them. *laugh* And it’s funny, they immediately go for the sidecar cover, too.
Tracy

2009 Gear-Up Sahara; WARCAT

BigJames

Postby BigJames » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:50 pm

Oh no, you invited some of his relatives over? Look under all the seat cushions and empty anything that can hind anything incriminating, that is all I am saying...betcha one of them gnawed on that cable...
BigJames
15 Ural M70
51 HD Servicar

Return to “Ride Reports”