Where_TF is WTF_Chuck?!?

Where have you been riding? Tell us all about your trip. Prove it with pictures! If ya didn't take pictures, it didn't happen...
Forum rules
This is the place for you to post reports about your rides. Remember the mantra: "If you don't post pictures, it didn't happen".
mr. cob
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2017

Re: Where_TF is WTF_Chuck?!?

Postby mr. cob » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:25 am

Tin Man wrote:When y'all get tired of messin with him I think he needs to get his butt shipped down to Texas......I suspect his poor attitude stems from a meat deficiency. A massive dose of real BBQ and some time runnin up and down a couple hundred miles of caliche roads should get his chi properly aligned.......and if that don't work I know a place with hungry alligators.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/man- ... 4bc85.html
:wink:

Howdy Mike,

Be careful what you ask for.............

Its possible that I'll be visiting Texas this coming late October-early November, if Stacy wants to rid herself of Chuck and hasn't found some one fool enough to take him I would gladly transport his sorry arse to Texas just to get him out of the Great Nor-Wet. So think about what you have said and if you really want him contact Stacy and see what can be arranged.

Be advised, I took good care of him, took him to Death Valley, ate at some great places, shared many a fine beer with him even drank Jack Daniels Black with him, let him ride shotgun whilst riding in the premier dual sport rally held in the Nor-Wet and still that bugger conspired with the Gremlins to break my rig. If you get him, I'd make sure to keep a gator or two hungry.
Mr. Cob

Driver of the "Predator" a highly modified 2005 Gear-Up.

Driver of the "Canyon Acrobat" a 2008 Gear-Up, this rig is now driven primarily by "Mrs. Cob"

Driver of the "Kraken", 2014 Asphalt Gray Gear-Up that will be used to prove out and test parts for the new generation of Fueli rigs.

My Photo galleries, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

Join "Smugmug", click this link and save some money, https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6

WTF_Chuck
Comrade
Comrade

Postby WTF_Chuck » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:22 pm

Thanks for checking out my June update. Before I get into what I’ve been up to this past month, I have some snide comments for a few of you …

Lee Pape –I refuse to keep my hands off of things, it’s that simple. I do what I want!
WEGUNTER – I think I still owe you $20 so for that reason alone I don’t know when I’ll be back on the east coast. After I wear out my welcome here in the Great Pacific Northwest I’ll set my sights set on the mid-west.
mr. cob - My boot is now repaired and I’m still pi$$ed at you because I think you did it. P.S. That wasn’t your dog who crapped on your floor.
Lokiboy – Oh, I’m a happy helper alright! Have you seen the list of items I’ve “helped” with so far?! Should I start a running tally??
LRP – There is a photo in my July report just for you!! I even kept my pants on. You’re welcome.

So, July was a pure whirl wind! I had to take notes because I swear I don’t know which end is up at the moment. I’ve got some adventures to share so pull up a chair, grab a pint and feast your eyes on this update!!

The 4th of July started out in an all American style by hanging out w/this big truck. One word … ‘merica!! I avoided all fireworks this day because the grass is drier than a popcorn fart.
The following week I was then shipped off to some French guy’s house for boot repair. Again, how I got the hole in my boot is unclear, too many beers I’m sure. I still think Mr. Cob was behind it. He’s mentioned it twice now.
BEFORE:
This stuff was placed into a little cloth bag and shoved into my boot for good luck. I can’t help but laugh. Does my care taker honestly think this will bring good fortune? A ruble from 1988, a pilotka star, beer bottle cap that reads TO RUSSIA WITH LOVE and some other crap.

The repair process was pretty simple and I was fixed up in short order.
DURING:
During the ride back to Tracy and I kept yelling “BIKE LANE! BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE LANE!!!!!!!!” I prefer the Ural. This mode of transportation isn’t nearly manly enough for me.

When I got back home finishing touches were added. Nothing like sticking my head in a pint glass to get me to hold still. The newspaper skirt was rather embarrassing and there will be hell to pay for that. Regardless my boots shine like they have never shined before and I’m all fixed up!
Getting ready for polished boots:
GLUG. GLUG. GLUG.
While I was at Camp-Boot-Repair I couldn’t attend the military display weekend in Arlington, WA. Here are a few shots of what I missed:

On the drive home Sunday I decided to use my powers from afar and I took out headlamp. It was fixed by the time I got home.
Here we are getting the speedometer repaired. During that trip to Portland last month I pi$$ed around w/the brand new one that was just installed. I got it to stick at 3,000km. hee-hee-hee. It got repaired mid-July so it will always be off by 4,000km now. WARCAT can currently claim over 100,000km so that’s pretty cool.

The day following this repair I was drug to a Christmas in July Party. Somebody thought it would be SOFA KING funny to dress like me … and then I got left outside. Because of her get-up Tracy won 1st prize ($50 in beer credit). I think I should get ½ of that gift certificate!
Guess I’m not house broken.
WINNER!

Can there just be a weekend w/o an event?? NOPE! Next we were off to Napavine, WA to a military truck rally. Two Urals were present at this function and a good time was had by all … including myself.
“Oh! You’ve got saddle bags on your bike? That’s cute.” That's bushhog01 in the background.
I pretended I was a cosmonaut for most of my time there.

Remember me saying there would be hell to pay? Late one night, I can’t really remember which, I decided to tinker w/the fuel tank. I must have tripped over something because I caused a small crack. By Saturday morning there was a slight drip-drip-drip from one of the brackets. Or was it from the fuel line port out of the tank? Whatever. I gave it THE DRIP! hee-hee-hee.

This caused my caretaker to miss out on the parade because emergency field repairs were in order. The tank was drained, removed, cleaned and taken to a local welder. He fixed it up.
I will say this … Tracy has a LOT of wonderful friends who are always willing to help her out.

When we got home from the rally the repair was completed. Tank patch, sanding, primer, painting (matched color) and clear coat. Ever try to match “limited edition” paint? Yeah, this is for making me wear a newspaper skirt. Regardless, the whole repair took almost a whole week and we are back on the road again.
ALWAYS willing to help:
BEFORE/DURING/AFTER:

Took a short trip that following Saturday to see how the repairs were going to hold. ZERO ISSUES. I need to learn to leave chit alone because I hate just sitting in the garage. I’d rather hang w/Tracy, drink beer and help out w/UDF. Maybe I should consider that crap that was shoved into my boot as good luck after all? I think I need an attitude adjustment … and I start adjusting w/a pint in hand:

Between then and now I had some spare time in the garage. I was dinking around as usual when I discovered this little rubber plug … I gave it a little nudge and away it went. Gone. Can’t get anything over on Tracy! She simply used a cork to tide her over until she can get a replacement.

My 1st mid-week bike night!! This was spent w/that group called the W ash. T.U.B. I haven’t seen them since last month so the time was well spent. Three Urals on hand in a SEA of Harleys. Glad we were able to make our presence known. That’s PNWSuperbeast yelling in the background yelling at me to leave his Yamal alone:

After we had enough of bike night it was off to a brewery the next town over.
“Hey! Hey! The gang is all here … “ (SmellyGoatBoy, PNWSuperbeast, GO.WARCAT)
I know how to party!

Damn it LRP!!!! This thing doesn’t work.

This is it for July. Did I do enough? I’ve already looked at the social calendar for August. 100% BOOKED! святые кошки!! Looking FWD: to it though. I leave for another camping adventure this Saturday. Thought I’d give myself one exciting Friday evening by updating this travel thread.

As for my future living arrangements … sorry! I won’t be ready to go to Texas by October/November. I’m going to stay w/this gal into 2016. I really like it here simply because she is very busy. I get ample sidecar time, I’m allowed to use the computer, I get LOTS of beer and lots of attention (despite my Ahole attitude). She also worries about me, takes great care of me and continues to treat me like royalty (despite my Ahole attitude). You see, Tracy is planning a Ural road trip to Wisconsin in 2016 and I’m going with her. I know it’s a long ways away, both in time and in distance, but I really want to wait it out to keep her company along the way. She is going by herself. I will find some fool in the mid-west to attach myself to once we get there. My heart is set on snow, misquotes, cheese and mid-west beer. Until I actually get there you guys will just have to deal w/my mass local adventures and monthly updates.

Keep those spokes tight and the beer fridge full!
Last edited by WTF_Chuck on Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mr. cob

Postby mr. cob » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:10 am

Howdy Chuck,

Well I see your still up to your old tricks, when are you going to man up and stop messing with the folks who take you in and treat you right, now your even picking on a girl, how the heck can you be proud of that, should have slit your throat rather then stub your toe.

Tracy, ya got guts I'll give you that no way in HELL I'd ride from the Nor-Wet to the midwest with that little parts breaking bastard riding shotgun, lots of desolate country to pass through, miles and miles of NOTHING. Good luck, with Chuck as a sidekick your gonna need it.
Mr. Cob

Driver of the "Canyon Acrobat" a 2008 Gear-Up, this rig is now driven primarily by "Mrs. Cob"

Driver of the "Kraken", 2014 Asphalt Gray Gear-Up that will be used to prove out and test parts for the new generation of Fueli rigs.

Join "Smugmug", click this link and save some money, https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6

Ivan Rider
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Postby Ivan Rider » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:28 am

WTF Chuck that's a great ride report. Glad you're getting some Ural time in. After your Coast to Coast trip I didn't have time to give you much time on a Ural, I'm sure you had something to do with my 78 BMW rig needing a new transmission while you were staying with me, It was always parked next to a couple Urals and it had a Ural sidecar too. That's probably how you broke your boot kicking the teeth out of my BMW's transmission.

I'm sure you'll show Tracy the way to the mid west and look forward to more ride reports.
Ivan Rider AKA: Dennis
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivanrider/
5 Urals - White 2010 SoloT, White '08 Retro, Blue '05 Troyka & OD '99 Patrol
3 BMWs 2 with Sidecars & 1 Solo
2 Honda Big Ruckus's -1 Solo & 1 w/ Sidecar

WEGUNTER
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Postby WEGUNTER » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:59 am

Great pics Chuck. Looks like you fit right in on the west coast.

Bill

Lee Pape

Postby Lee Pape » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:46 am

Chuck I think you must have a friend here in Iowa that you have told to mess with my bike. First they adjusted the rear brake too tight and got the rear end water sizzling hot. So to be on the safe side I put new bearing in that wheel. Yesterday I rode about 6 miles out of town to check the rear brake adjustment and when I stopped the rear axle had spun. All of the castallations on the nut were wiped off gone. And the hair pin clip was twisted into a pretzel. I had to use a BFH to get the rear axle out so I could get the rear wheel off the bike. Then a call to Dr. Terry Crawford to order a new rear axle, and internals to fix that wheel. I hope Tracy is not planning to bring you to the 3x3x3 in Fennimore, Wisconsin next June.
We may not have it all together,
But, together we have it all.

2007 Tourist "The un-named-one"
Riding and working on Urals since 2000.

MartyL
Benevolent Emperor
Benevolent Emperor

Postby MartyL » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:09 am

Great report Chuck!!!
2010 Gear Up
1976 Yamaha XS650C
2015 Yamaha FJ09
Peace.... God Bless our brave soldiers defending our freedom. God Bless America!
As I get older, I see the wisdom in Hannibal Lecter......
Ladies,Do your part! Prevent MSB often! Save mankind!!!

LRP

Postby LRP » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:44 am

WTF_Chuck said "
Damn it LRP!!!! This thing doesn’t work.

I think you need to quit licking that psychedelic mushroom or frog's business that you are holding.

LRP :moto:

Dick
Army Bird Dog Pilot, Nam.
'08 Green Patrol "Green Hornet"
130/42 jets. JC Whitney mufflers with 4" added baffles=5mph+

19 previous motos

Paindoc
Comrade General
Comrade General

Postby Paindoc » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:15 am

Y'all haven't even seen the MEAN side of Chuck's family:

WTF_Chuck_Armed.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2007 Arctic Camo Gear-Up

GO.WARCAT
Party Member
Party Member

Postby GO.WARCAT » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:11 pm

Paindoc – My buddy has one of those MEAN side gnomes but his doesn’t look 1/2 as creepy as the guy you posed. That gnome would for sure keep people off of lawns as and away from Urals!! *laugh*

Lee Pape – I hadn’t even thought about the 3x3x3!! You guys do that the 1st parts of June, correct? I’m trying to get to my Uncle’s house in late June for a parade. That’s my driving force. I may have to flip a coin to see which event I’m going to press on through for. That or I’ll have to do a call to arms and rally some of you mid-westerners to meet me somewhere for a Chuck hand off!

Ivan Rider – I’m almost positive Chuck was dinking w/your BMW while he was freeloading at your place. He caused me a flat tire yesterday during rush hour traffic. *sigh*

Mr. Cob – Chuck took out all of my rear tail lights Sunday afternoon. Had to Ural home in the dark. “Thanks Chuck!” Chivalrous acts not qualities he possesses. As for the trek to Wisconsin … that’s where I’m from and I’ve made the drive a few times. I figured I’d give it a go via Ural this time. It’s one of my “Dream Road Trips” that I want to take. If not now then when?? 8)

Plan on taking Chuck to the MBUR Rally this weekend. He's a busy little SOB!
Tracy

2009 Gear-Up Sahara; WARCAT

Lee Pape

Postby Lee Pape » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:37 am

Yes the 3x3x3 will be in June but not sure of the date yet. We have always had to work around Nancy's weekend off from work. But since this is the last year she will be working is opens June up more. I can tell you this much for sure that it will be based out of Fennimore, Wisconsin again.
We may not have it all together,
But, together we have it all.

2007 Tourist "The un-named-one"
Riding and working on Urals since 2000.

GO.WARCAT
Party Member
Party Member

Postby GO.WARCAT » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:19 am

Fennimore is about 140 miles from where I will be staying (Wisconsin Rapids). I do believe the parade is June 26th. But, like I said before, LOTS of planning needs to happen between now and then. Either way I think a Wisconsin hand off is do'able. The date isn't set in stone nor are my plans. I'll send you a PM and we can chat. :thumbsup:
Tracy

2009 Gear-Up Sahara; WARCAT

WTF_Chuck
Comrade
Comrade

Postby WTF_Chuck » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:23 pm

August was not good to me at all. This was just not a good month for me. I think I’m starting to wear out my welcome. Sure I had some adventures but I’ve also suffered some hardships. Let me just take it adventure by adventure and this will help me cleanse myself of my wrong doings and hopefully I can start fresh in September. I have a bunch of photos to share so make sure you’ve got a cold one.

The 1st weekend in August was spent w/a Canadian. She ventured down to visit w/my tender for an event they dubbed HQT Summer Camp. Turns out HQT is just a tavern in the middle of nowhere w/a campground right across the street. Fair enough. I like bars.

“Why pack light when you can pack Ural?!”
I will hand it to Tracy though, she’s got this camping chit down pat. I’m still wearing my tin foil hat from the last outing. It didn’t last much longer after this photo was taken.
Always up to give sidecar rides Tracy gave Michael Lee a ride around the campground. Ok, who am I kidding. It was a field. They camped in a freakin’ field that was across the street from a bar.
The big event on August the 2nd was a road trip around the surrounding area. Somewhere along the way I decided to tinker with things which caused oil to start burning at a rapid rate of speed. What can I say? I was getting bored w/how well things were going. Never mind that they found me a duck to hang out with who we dubbed WTF_Chuck’s Duck. I wasn’t amused. All of this caused the summer camp trip to wrap up a day early. They made it home so don’t blame me.

Last month, during the military campout, it was determined that WARCAT was the winner of the HARD LUCK award due to that fuel tank leak. I’ll take full credit for this trophy. Tracy gets to hang onto this beauty for a year then it gets passed onto the next poor sap. Hope she doesn’t get it two years in a row. I really am starting to feel bad about things. But cool trophy, huh?? It was presented to her during our road trip. We happened to run into the rally organizer at, where else, a bar.

FLAT TIRE! On the way to go pick up some prizes for the Ural rally that was to be held here in Washington State I decided to pluck off every other lug … causing the tire to go flat. I timed her. It took my tender 8 minutes to change the tire. All during rush hour. I almost felt bad … that tire had a lot of life left in it. Whatever. Gave her something to do.

I never got the pleasure of screwing w/this engine. This is WARCAT’s old one.

So this is where it all goes chit-house-mouse for me. We were at IMWA picking up some raffle prizes for the MBUR (Mt. Baker Ural Rally). I’m normally never allowed off the sidecar. Now I know why. My new name should be Milk Toast. Did ya’ll know I’m made out of porcelain resin of sorts? This means I’m ubber fragile. I take back everything I said about Mr. Cob destroying my boot. He didn’t do it. It was all on me because I can’t stand the heat. Regardless, here’s me w/a one of the best raffle prizes I have seen given away at a rally:

Now the next photo may be shocking for some viewers so if don’t like blood and gore … TURN AWAY NOW.

I fell.
I fell and I SHATTERED - into 33 pieces. She counted them. You can see the little good luck sack that Tracy gave me. Parts were scattered all over the shop floor. It sounded like a pint glass had hit when I landed. And before you place any blame on her … this was 100% on me. I own this.
“Lt. Dan! You ain’t got no legs!”
I figured I was a goner. Tracy gathered all 33 of my pieces, no matter how tiny, and grabbed my little sack. My bits got shoved into a zippie and I was taken me home. She didn’t talk to me the rest of the night either. Once I got to my residence I lived in the kitchen for a few days before she finally decided to operate. She didn’t take many pictures because she was so mad at me. I can’t say I blame her. I’ve been a jerk. I know it. Even Mr. Cob called me out. *sigh* I have regret. Within TWO DAYS after my stunt I was together again. Gorilla super glue was applied, my empty soul was pumped full of insulation foam and then my big crack was plugged w/JP Weld for plastics. I didn’t have time for a new boots and a coat though. We had to be at the MBUR rally in full force!

Headed to MBUR w/Smelly Goat Boy:
Due to some mechanical issues along the way we missed the 1st rally ride but made it to the Saturday one. Pretty country up here.
So pretty I got wood:
And here are a bunch of photos from the rally …
Tin Foil Hat Party:
Rally Party & Prizes:
Since I live in Washington State for the time being I’ve become a Twin Peaks fan. I had to channel my inner Dr. Jacoby. That or maybe I had one too many beers.
Saddle up! It’s time to ride!
We missed the scheduled rally ride so we headed off on our own. We found a brewery!
Found some tough trails, too:
“Welcome to beautiful Concrete!”
Sunday night was pretty quiet … minus the wildlife.
I learned how to keep roofies out of your drinks while out in nature, too.
Monday morning meant it was time to pack up and head back home. It started to rain. Always carry a big a$$ beach umbrella. You never know when you may need it.
The Aftermath. It was a good rally.
Before we got on the super slab home we decided to do the Friday rally ride. 90 yards from the destination the rig stalled. Hee hee hee. I strike again! I didn’t break anything so what’s the harm. She made it to the top so I didn’t screw things up too badly. Just keeping things in check.

With the MBUR rally behind me I needed to find other things to do. That following Wednesday was a thing called Grit City Motor Night. A bike rally night! I can dig it! We got front row seats and lots of respect from the fellas that were already there. If you look closely you can see I still don’t have a new coat yet. What gives sister??

Finally! Time for a new coat and boots! I was very impressed at Tracy’s ability to match my coat colors perfectly. She got practice w/the fuel tank paint match I bet. What’s up w/the hostility?

When will some folks learn? She up and bought a 2nd Ural! Ever since my trip & fall I’m not allowed off of WARCAT but I was able to make a special appearance for this photo opp. This one is a 2000 and it’s in need of some attention. I’ve offered to help but everybody keeps telling me to pi$$ off.

Here I am at this place again. I needed to test out my new threads in the rain.
She’s so weird.

What’s this? A “free weekend” w/o a planned event?? What shall we do?? How about suit up the sidecar in some Mad Max garb for an up and coming photo shoot? OK! Sign me up! I was already informed that I can’t go. I hope I can just show up for a photo once everything is done and said though. This was just a dress rehearsal to see if everything would fit.
BEER CAP! Look at all those beer caps!
With spare time on her hands Tracy also made a pillow out of an old Ural Tshirt. This is Swede and he hissed at me.

The last adventure we had this August was the visit from a friend who lives in Illinois. Out of the list of things he wanted to do one of them was “sidecar brewery tours”.
Tacoma Red Hot. Not a “brewery” but a great beer list and it was on that TV show called Chef vs. City.
7 Seas Brewery
I got my own beer on the beach. I think they are trying to tell me something.
We didn’t just visit beer establishments. Here’s Kirt Cobain’s old house in Aberdeen, WA:
Chuck Nukem!
We also ran into Mr. Cob while out and about during this beach run. I don’t think I like their tone.

I know! I know! Lots of photos but I felt the need to share. I’ve already peeked at the Social Calendar for September. I’m glad I’m all healed up because it’s going to be a busy one! I’m looking forward to it though. I’ve caused a lot of problems this month so I need to prove that I’m not always such a chump.

Until my next update … keep your beer supply stocked and your tire pressure in range!
Last edited by WTF_Chuck on Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ivan Rider
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Postby Ivan Rider » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:51 pm

Another fine report. Keep up the good work. Not you WTF Chuck, Your "Showfer".
Ivan Rider AKA: Dennis
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ivanrider/
5 Urals - White 2010 SoloT, White '08 Retro, Blue '05 Troyka & OD '99 Patrol
3 BMWs 2 with Sidecars & 1 Solo
2 Honda Big Ruckus's -1 Solo & 1 w/ Sidecar

mr. cob

Postby mr. cob » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:06 pm

Chuck was NOT allowed to even come near my Ural, the Freightliner, the trailer or the Smart Car when Tracy visited us at the State Park, I would have shot that little bastard if he had dared climb down off of WarCat.
Mr. Cob

Return to “Ride Reports”