Where_TF is WTF_Chuck?!?

Where have you been riding? Tell us all about your trip. Prove it with pictures! If ya didn't take pictures, it didn't happen...
Forum rules
This is the place for you to post reports about your rides. Remember the mantra: "If you don't post pictures, it didn't happen".
WTF_Chuck
Comrade
Comrade

Where_TF is WTF_Chuck?!?

Postby WTF_Chuck » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:08 pm

It's been a month since I packed my $#!+ and moved. Figured I'd better check in before an APB was put out on my a$$.

I've been up to a lot this past June. Grab a barley pop, sit back and take it all in.

June 7th I told Mr. Cob to stick it. After his rig broke down in BFE the fit hit the san because a rescue wagon was issued. See my little hat back there on the luggage rack??

The removal of Mr. Cob's rig, which I shall forever call The Kracken (ya'll can ask him why), was interesting to say the least.

Back at camp I was freakin' Gnome-napped by this guy who thought it was all fun and games until Mr. Cob hunted both me and him down. I didn't want to spend my time w/these guys anyway. They kept knocking the Urals and I'm very, very fond of them. It's all fun and games until you pi$$ the gnome off.

After that show there was enough time for a quick pint and then send off.

Just saying good bye to my old seat:

I now live in Puyallup, Washington w/some gal named Tracy and a rig she calls WARCAT. I got to ride up front in the Jeep and got a bath when I got to my new home. I even spent my 1st night inside in the living room. I feel like royalty here. Word on the street is that she's going to try to get my boot fixed. Seems I have a big ol' hole in it (probably from kicking so much a$$).

The Jeep ride. Safety 3rd!

This is my new seat. What a view! Talk about calling shotgun!

I swear this girl does not sleep! The next weekend I was introduced to a ride group called The W ash. T.U.B. It stands for Washington Trails, Urals and Beer. I'm in!! They try to get together every month for a jaunt. June's ride was up towards Bellingham and down Chuckanut drive. Very pretty country I must say and lots of breweries. There were four Urals on this adventure (the 4th is behind that big ol' pick up truck).

I took a few trips into work before the following weekend where I ended up in Leavenworth. We were supposed to go off on a convoy w/some German Haflingers, that's why we were there, but it seems a hangover prevented the 9am muster (*cough* *cough* way to go ... TRACY!!). Instead we got a late start and headed for the Grand Coolie Dam which almost seemed like the better decision. Here are some photos from that weekend:

Here we are at Roslyn Brewery. That's Smelly Goat Boy's rig:

This is one of the rigs we were SUPPOSED to be hanging out w/that Saturday:

... and THIS is probably why we didn't make it on time:

LOTS of pretty places to stop and take photos:

DAM!

Hot as hell here but so pretty!

WAH-HOO!!!!!!!

Before we got home we needed to make a quick stop at a family member's house. While we were there I had a pint and a pusher was swapped out.

LAST weekend I ended up in Portland. Uraling from 5:30am - 1:30am. It was a fun filled day and this was the only photo captured (so there is no proof of the shenanigans that occurred):

So that's my month of June in a pint glass! I'm doing well, I'm very happy here and I'm excited to see how my time is spend w/WARCAT. I already have a feeling I won't get much sleep.

Until my next check in ... keep your beer cold and your Jerry can full. I'll be checking in again real soon.

Cheers.
WTF_Chuck
Last edited by WTF_Chuck on Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lee Pape
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2017

Re: Where_TF is WTF_Chuck?!?

Postby Lee Pape » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:56 am

You behave now WTF_Chuck. Drink your beer and leave the rig alone!
We may not have it all together,
But, together we have it all.

2007 Tourist "The un-named-one"
Riding and working on Urals since 2000.

MartyL
Benevolent Emperor
Benevolent Emperor

Postby MartyL » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:33 am

Excellent Report Chuck!!! Happy Trails....
2010 Gear Up
1976 Yamaha XS650C
2015 Yamaha FJ09
Peace.... God Bless our brave soldiers defending our freedom. God Bless America!
As I get older, I see the wisdom in Hannibal Lecter......
Ladies,Do your part! Prevent MSB often! Save mankind!!!

Mothra35
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Postby Mothra35 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:13 am

Nice report Chuck! now Mr. Cob why "The Kracken" ?
--2005 Ural Tourist--"Маня"

My U-Tube
---Oliver---Оливер--- :headbang:

lorij7
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Postby lorij7 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:31 pm

Glad to see you're back on the road! Happy Trails Chuck!

WEGUNTER
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Postby WEGUNTER » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:38 pm

Chuck you evil little bastard...........................when are you coming back to the east coast??????????

mr. cob

Postby mr. cob » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:29 pm

Howdy All,

OK, I am still so pi$$ed off at that little sawed off hitchhiker I haven't gotten around to telling of the woes he had caused whilst bumming a ride on my rig, that he is only short a few toes is testimony that in truth I really am not that bad of a person as I wanted on more then one occasion to ventilate his sorry arse with various types of armament. The "Kracken" eh well it sure suits the rig I am riding now and so it shall henceforth be known.

Tracy, I sure hope you and your rig have better luck with that little creep then the Kracken, and I had. One of these days I'll simmer down to the point of regaling you folks with the story of his time spent whilst in my care.
Mr. Cob

Driver of the "Predator" a highly modified 2005 Gear-Up.

Driver of the "Canyon Acrobat" a 2008 Gear-Up, this rig is now driven primarily by "Mrs. Cob"

Driver of the "Kraken", 2014 Asphalt Gray Gear-Up that will be used to prove out and test parts for the new generation of Fueli rigs.

My Photo galleries, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

Join "Smugmug", click this link and save some money, https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6

Lokiboy
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Postby Lokiboy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:45 pm

Chuck, glad to see you haven't mellowed with age.

Tracy, sleep with one eye open, 'cause Chuck is always ready to "help".
2011 Gear Up - "Erika"
Yorktown, VA

Mains: 127, Idle: 40, Needle: 1 shim
MKIII air filter
70,000 km and counting

GO.WARCAT
Party Member
Party Member

Postby GO.WARCAT » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:41 am

mr. cob wrote:Tracy, I sure hope you and your rig have better luck with that little creep then the Kracken and I had.

Well, WTF_Chuck isn't all fun and games. This is my list so fars:
- odometer stuck at 3,000km (it's a new odometer, old one almost had 100,000km on it)
- won't go into reverse (PUSH! PUSH! PUSH)
- lost BOTH tail light bolts (didn't lose the lens so it's held on by zip-ties at the moment)
- super high idle (can't seem to adjust it down)

He's always out in the garage so who knows WTF he's up to when I'm not watching him. I'm taking him out today for a pint. I hope he doesn't get his shorts in a ball while we are out and about. Everybody else seems to just love him. Lots of photos, UDF now includes Chuck and lots of pointing. I always look to see if something has fallen off or is on fire. Lil' turd.

Hope The Kracken is 100% soon.
Tracy

2009 Gear-Up Sahara; WARCAT

mr. cob

Postby mr. cob » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:23 pm

GO.WARCAT wrote:
mr. cob wrote:Tracy, I sure hope you and your rig have better luck with that little creep then the Kracken and I had.

Well, WTF_Chuck isn't all fun and games. This is my list so fars:
- odometer stuck at 3,000km (it's a new odometer, old one almost had 100,000km on it)
- won't go into reverse (PUSH! PUSH! PUSH)
- lost BOTH tail light bolts (didn't lose the lens so it's held on by zip-ties at the moment)
- super high idle (can't seem to adjust it down)

He's always out in the garage so who knows WTF he's up to when I'm not watching him. I'm taking him out today for a pint. I hope he doesn't get his shorts in a ball while we are out and about. Everybody else seems to just love him. Lots of photos, UDF now includes Chuck and lots of pointing. I always look to see if something has fallen off or is on fire. Lil' turd.

Hope The Kracken is 100% soon.

Howdy Tracy,

I have all the major parts replaced since Chuck was a monkey but still have to repair the cracks in the sidecar under the spot light and on the rear trunk where it has also cracked. I don't know if I should blame Ilya or Chuck for these sheet metal cracks my old 2005 rig that I built the Predator out of went through ten times the HELL this new rig has been subjected to and NOTHING on it ever cracked except the main sidecar frame tube which in 2008 the factory replaced on the production rigs with heavier walled tubing.

Yeah I know, everyone thinks the little bastard is cute, they don't have to put up with him pi$$ing off the Gremlins. :x Dennis, "Ivan Rider" gave Chuck to me, I don't know if Chuck caused any mischief while riding with Dennis, if he did, I wasn't told about it. I am beginning to think that little creep works for Ilya just think of all the parts IMWA has sold to the folks who have offered this Troll in Gnome's clothing a ride. :wink:
Mr. Cob

Driver of the "Canyon Acrobat" a 2008 Gear-Up, this rig is now driven primarily by "Mrs. Cob"

Driver of the "Kraken", 2014 Asphalt Gray Gear-Up that will be used to prove out and test parts for the new generation of Fueli rigs.

Join "Smugmug", click this link and save some money, https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=geyYbNZwLLrl6

chertlopar
Comrade General
Comrade General

Postby chertlopar » Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:06 pm

It that a Harbor Freight red trailer?

HOW did you fit an Ural onto a 48" wide trailer deck? When I tried it with mine I needed about two more inches (story of my life).

GO.WARCAT
Party Member
Party Member

Postby GO.WARCAT » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:13 pm

chertlopar wrote:It that a Harbor Freight red trailer?

HOW did you fit an Ural onto a 48" wide trailer deck? When I tried it with mine I needed about two more inches (story of my life).

:lol:
It IS a Harbor Freight trailer. My adopted dad built it for me. There is ZERO room on either side so the Ural just fits. The cool thing about it is the locking wheel lock up front and the guide rails on the bike side. There is a wench that needs to be installed yet and I don't like the ramps but I don't use it all that often. It's pretty much perfect for my needs.

And another thing to add to the list;
- broken jerry can holder. This one was BRAND NEW! WTF Chuck??! What have you been doing out there in the garage?? Thought we had an understanding??
Tracy

2009 Gear-Up Sahara; WARCAT

LRP

Postby LRP » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:18 pm

Methinks due to Chuck's basically pyramidal shape, he concentrates gamma rays and induces whatever metal he is in contact with to crystallize
and fracture. If you carry him inverted, he should have the opposite effect and send the concentrated gamma rays back to whatever
or whoever sent them in the first place, while at the same time stress relieving and annealing what ever he is mounted to.

Just put on your tinfoil hats and think about it for a while.
Army Bird Dog Pilot, Nam.
'08 Green Patrol "Green Hornet"
130/42 jets. JC Whitney mufflers with 4" added baffles=5mph+

19 previous motos

mr. cob

Postby mr. cob » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:28 pm

LRP wrote:Methinks due to Chuck's basically pyramidal shape, he concentrates gamma rays and induces whatever metal he is in contact with to crystallize
and fracture. If you carry him inverted, he should have the opposite effect and send the concentrated gamma rays back to whatever
or whoever sent them in the first place, while at the same time stress relieving and annealing what ever he is mounted to.

Just put on your tinfoil hats and think about it for a while.

Howdy LRP,

You might be onto something there, then again the little bastard could anneal your wheel bearings and cause even more destruction, I think its best to just offer the little creep a blindfold and shoot him. :machinegun:
Mr. Cob

Tin Man
Commissar
Commissar

Postby Tin Man » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:12 am

When y'all get tired of messin with him I think he needs to get his butt shipped down to Texas......I suspect his poor attitude stems from a meat deficiency. A massive dose of real BBQ and some time runnin up and down a couple hundred miles of caliche roads should get his chi properly aligned.......and if that don't get him in the correct frame of mind........I know this place where he can go swimmin.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/man- ... 4bc85.html
:wink:
Mike
2007 GearUp (Arctic #1)
130/45 jets, KTM rock solid mirrors, Delaware Dave's outstanding trunk lock, Mr. Cob's most excellent skid plate, Cycra Probend smashproof hand guards, Duro strong like bull 307's, RotoPax damn near bulletproof fuel cans, MKIII all but water proof air box and Dimples super duper magnetic drain plugs all around...oh yeah, and a manual fuel petcock.

.........if you see something that needs doing, just do it........

Return to “Ride Reports”