New Ural service center in northern Virginia

This is the place for dealers and other commercial entities to peddle their Ural/Dnepr related wares. One caveat only, all listings must include a price or the MSRP.
Forum rules
This is the place for dealers and other commercial entities to advertise and sell their Ural or Dnepr related wares. All listings must include a price or the MSRP.
Gridlock

Re: New Ural service center in northern Virginia

Postby Gridlock » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:53 am

Yeah, NC isn't exactly a swing by, but if you're ever in the area just let me know :)

WEGUNTER
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Postby WEGUNTER » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:48 pm

Hey Wes, Will send you an pm. Want to discuss an engine.

Bill

TheWildOne
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Postby TheWildOne » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:57 pm

Rode out yesterday (from Arlington - ca. 45 miles each way) and checked out their shop &c. Wes and George seem like straight-up guys. George was finishing up a custom-built sidecar installation ( a yoooj sidecar, as Trump would say) on a beautiful BMW, but not a K bike :? . Looks like they get plenty of business there at Beemers Uber Alles / Gridlock Motors, which is a good sign.
I won't quite say I can hardly wait 'til I need their services, but at least I have a place now within a couple hundred miles that I think I can trust to work on my '07 Tourist when need be. 8)

BigJames
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018

Postby BigJames » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:24 pm

Gridlock wrote:We're doing an R100 conversion now - give me a call or send me an email with the specifics of your rig & I'll let George know to keep an eye out for another engine.

Save yourself a lot of time and headaches, get in touch with Bural on this forum. He's done something like 25 conversions, including my Sportsman. He does not mind sharing his knowledge with folks willing to listen.
BigJames
15 Ural M70
11 Ural Retro (100K and counting)
95/79 Bural Sportsman (Myrtle)
88 HD FLHS Watsonian Cambridge (232K and counting)
51 HD Servicar

Lewty

Postby Lewty » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:40 am

George is an awesome guy and a great mechanic. He helped me with a couple items and my first service. Highly recommended.

hawksbe

Postby hawksbe » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:07 am

I just thought I'd add to this that I brought my Ural to George for the OR map update a couple of weeks ago. Great guy. He didn't even charge for it. I had to practically force him to take a few bucks at least for a coffee for driving in freezing cold to his shop to meet me just for this.
2016 Ural Gear Up (Sahara)
2012 Concours 14
2012 Triumph Scrambler

Northern VA

coyote

Postby coyote » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:09 am

I want to add to this as well, mentioned this elsewhere before but George is great and I highly recommend gridlock. Been to him before and just had him go through the bike before warranty expired, he replaced FD and driveshaft under warranty. Tried to pay him whatever his diagnostic fee is for going through the bike and he refused. Only found one other shop like this when I was in Cali where the guys were very skilled and clearly do this because they love it and care about customer service more than bottom line.

Hopefully he continues for a long time doing work for ural. I asked him if ural was taking care of warranty stuff as I know a few places had issues with account receivables. His response: "they are great for the customer, but that is better than BMW who is bad for both service dealer and customer." He further said that when he calls BMW for warranty work approval they tell him (in his best german accent) "ZER IST NUSSING BRUCHEN, IT IS BMW!"
2014 "Sage Green" Gear Up
1989 Honda Hawk
2004 Yamaha R1

Return to “The Gray Market”