WWII Mosin Nagant Sniper Rifle Decal

This is the place for dealers and other commercial entities to peddle their Ural/Dnepr related wares. One caveat only, all listings must include a price or the MSRP.
Forum rules
This is the place for dealers and other commercial entities to advertise and sell their Ural or Dnepr related wares. All listings must include a price or the MSRP.
SaskMick
Party Member
Party Member

Re: WWII Mosin Nagant Sniper Rifle Decal

Postby SaskMick » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:38 pm

:FI:Igor wrote:Be very careful with the Finnish Moisin as they use a different 7.62x54R! The Russian round is .311 dia. as the Finnish is .308. And yes, .003 is a big deal! Russian ammo in spam cans is still very cheap (and corrosive). For a while I was reloading (cheaper by far to get surplus ammo). I used .308 bullets in both my 91/30 and M44. .308 will keyhole bad! Excellent rifles; but I think I'd prefer to go into combat with more than one five shot clip (Enemy at the Gate, excellent and almost historically correct). Happy 4th!

This is true ! for most of the Finnish Mosins at least, though I have seen a captured Finnish one that was still .311

The quality of the Polish Mosins is first rate, at least as good as the early ww1 Mausers.. Here's my little Polish M-44, it's the rare sniper version :)

Here's my other 7.62 R sniper Image

I form the light,and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Isaih 45:7 KJV

ARSE !

hotflash44
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2018

Postby hotflash44 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:03 pm

SaskMick ,beautiful, you could use the Bren 100rd drum magazine to make it look more like a DP.
drive a 2016 gear up asphalt grey .Air America CIA circa 1967/8 Vung Tau Viet Nam USS Tutuila ARG-4 (AND JUST A TOUCH OF AGENT ORANGE!)

SaskMick
Party Member
Party Member

Postby SaskMick » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:09 pm

Those drums are rare and very expensive unfortunately.
I form the light,and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

ARSE !

flcruiser2302
Party Member
Party Member

Postby flcruiser2302 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:36 pm

hdflame wrote:I saw someone shooting one on YouTube the other day. Didn't know the guns and ammo for them were so cheap. I wouldn't mind having one just to play with. :D Anyone know of a source to buy one at a good price without having to go through a FFL dealer? I've even looked into getting my license. I think it runs about $200 for filing the paperwork.

That's what I thought too, until I ended up with three to get the best of a bunch, shot it, damn near knocked my shoulder out of whack in 10 rounds! Promptly sold them and 3 cans of ammo just as cheap as I bought it. Someone once told me that those that used to shoot those things were dressed for Russian winters, so they had lots of padding! Plus that same Russian winters used to keep the barrels nice and cold to remain somewhat accurate, shooting 10-20 rounds at one target and you will end up off the paper at 50-100 yards. I have to agree, and I sure as hell ain't dressing like that in central Florida!
John in Orlando Fl
2017 CT
2-1 exhaust with cats removed, K&N drop in filter installed along with Dobeck EJK set at stock settings.

Mothra35

Postby Mothra35 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:50 am

They do heat up quick even after three shots... helps to bring lots of gun with ya, :D rotate - sucks for sighting in thou, takes a lot longer, waiting for the barrel to cool.
--2005 Ural Tourist--"Маня"

My U-Tube
---Oliver---Оливер--- :headbang:

SaskMick
Party Member
Party Member

Postby SaskMick » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:30 pm

flcruiser2302 wrote:
That's what I thought too, until I ended up with three to get the best of a bunch, shot it, damn near knocked my shoulder out of whack in 10 rounds! Promptly sold them and 3 cans of ammo just as cheap as I bought it. Someone once told me that those that used to shoot those things were dressed for Russian winters, so they had lots of padding! Plus that same Russian winters used to keep the barrels nice and cold to remain somewhat accurate, shooting 10-20 rounds at one target and you will end up off the paper at 50-100 yards. I have to agree, and I sure as hell ain't dressing like that in central Florida!

They were designed for men to shoot, not little girlies :)

Floating the barrel will work wonders for accuracy with many milsurp rifles including Mosins.

Watch and learn... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGEh_GYgZqk

ARSE !

SaskMick
Party Member
Party Member

Postby SaskMick » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:29 pm

A great slow motion video showing oscillation. I suspect this is a contributing factor to the "wandering zero" ( bad harmonics ) you are experiencing with your Mosins. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBQ5WK9sop8

ARSE !

dirt
Comrade
Comrade

Postby dirt » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:08 pm

SaskMick wrote:
flcruiser2302 wrote:

They were designed for men to shoot, not little girlies :)

Floating the barrel will work wonders for accuracy with many milsurp rifles including Mosins.

Watch and learn... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGEh_GYgZqk

I generally blow out 100 rds per shooting session, more than that and I get spaghetti arms.
As soon as my house sells...

Rubiconnn
Comrade
Comrade

Postby Rubiconnn » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:49 pm

:FI:Igor wrote:Be very careful with the Finnish Moisin as they use a different 7.62x54R! The Russian round is .311 dia. as the Finnish is .308. And yes, .003 is a big deal! Russian ammo in spam cans is still very cheap (and corrosive). For a while I was reloading (cheaper by far to get surplus ammo). I used .308 bullets in both my 91/30 and M44. .308 will keyhole bad! Excellent rifles; but I think I'd prefer to go into combat with more than one five shot clip (Enemy at the Gate, excellent and almost historically correct). Happy 4th!

Does it really? I regularly shoot .22lr down the barrel of my 5.56 (.223, for a .003 difference) rifle without issue. Maybe because the .223 barrel is .003 inches LARGER than the .22 bullet traveling down it?
2012 Ural Gear Up (lil' troublemaker)

Return to “The Gray Market”