Sidecar Manuals for Newbs (and old pharts too)

Newbies, introduce yourself here. Are you thinking about getting one and have questions? Ask your basic questions here. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of The Greasy Wrench" section.
Forum rules
Here's the place for those who are newb or thinking about buying a Ural or Dnepr to introduce themselves ask those typical "newbie" questions. Try using the "Search" link at the top of the page to see if your question may have been asked before. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of the Greasy Wrench" section.
Gwtg
Party Member
Party Member

Re: Sidecar Manuals for Newbs (and old pharts too)

Postby Gwtg » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:27 pm

This is the updated link for the WA state 2 wheel/3 wheel Motorcycle Operators manual.

<http://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/docs/motomanual.pdf>
Thanks, Greg

2014 Ural Patrol

1chapelcredit
Comrade
Comrade

Postby 1chapelcredit » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:22 am

JohnBG wrote:I found this manual which I think is the "yellow book" while cleaning off an old hard drive the other day...

It's kind of dated as it shows how to kickstart a 650 with the old bird's nest airbox and shutter, but all of the riding exercises should still be good for new bikes... 8)

Thanks for sharing! I'm trying to find the best info possible to learn my new Ural cT (planning to take a course but not until October).

Can someone familiar with both tell me if this PDF have pretty much the same info as the Yellow Book? Or would it still be worth buying the yellow book?

Thanks
Ural cT 2016

JohnBG
General Secretary
General Secretary

Postby JohnBG » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:33 pm

1chapelcredit wrote:
JohnBG wrote:I found this manual which I think is the "yellow book" while cleaning off an old hard drive the other day...

It's kind of dated as it shows how to kickstart a 650 with the old bird's nest airbox and shutter, but all of the riding exercises should still be good for new bikes... 8)

Thanks for sharing! I'm trying to find the best info possible to learn my new Ural cT (planning to take a course but not until October).

Can someone familiar with both tell me if this PDF have pretty much the same info as the Yellow Book? Or would it still be worth buying the yellow book?

Thanks

It is pretty much the same as the yellow book, just ignore the instructions on how to kick start a 650.
John Grocke aka "JohnBG"
Site Administrator - sovietsteeds.com

Current Rides:
'06 Ural Raven - "Vorona"
'09 Kawasaki KLR650 - "Madea"

History:
'98.5 Ural Tourist - "Valentina" - Gone but not forgotten.
2002 Harley Road King FLHPI
1997 Harley Electra Glide FLHTPI
Honda Nighthawk 650 from the mid-80's
1980 Suzuki RM125T
1970 Honda CL100

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

1chapelcredit
Comrade
Comrade

Postby 1chapelcredit » Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:04 pm

JohnBG wrote:
1chapelcredit wrote:

Thanks

It is pretty much the same as the yellow book, just ignore the instructions on how to kick start a 650.

Awesome, thanks!

-TJ
Ural cT 2016

RedOCtober
Party Member
Party Member

Postby RedOCtober » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:21 am

Other links didn't work. Just bought it on DMCsidecars.com

http://www.dmcsidecars.com/yellow-book/

Kyle K
'15 Ural Patrol - КАТЮШA

Return to “Ural/Dnepr 101 - Newbie Questions”