Steering Effort

Newbies, introduce yourself here. Are you thinking about getting one and have questions? Ask your basic questions here. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of The Greasy Wrench" section.
Forum rules
Here's the place for those who are newb or thinking about buying a Ural or Dnepr to introduce themselves ask those typical "newbie" questions. Try using the "Search" link at the top of the page to see if your question may have been asked before. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of the Greasy Wrench" section.
owcow

Re: Steering Effort

Postby owcow » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:11 am

Thanks to everyone for your input it has been very informative. In the end I think the best thing will be for me to talk to Gene and see if I can do I short test drive even if it's just in his parking lot. I think that would at least give a brief try at steering.

Subsnowden
Comrade General
Comrade General

Re: Steering Effort

Postby Subsnowden » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:24 am

owcow wrote:Thanks to everyone for your input it has been very informative. In the end I think the best thing will be for me to talk to Gene and see if I can do I short test drive even if it's just in his parking lot. I think that would at least give a brief try at steering.

That should give you a pretty good idea of the forces you will have to use. Steering at regular driving speeds is a lot easier than slower speed
Jon
Central Texas/Copperas Cove
2012 GSXR-750
2015 Ural Gear Up
No longer own a car

Return to “Ural/Dnepr 101 - Newbie Questions”