All going well, but......

Newbies, introduce yourself here. Are you thinking about getting one and have questions? Ask your basic questions here. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of The Greasy Wrench" section.
Forum rules
Here's the place for those who are newb or thinking about buying a Ural or Dnepr to introduce themselves ask those typical "newbie" questions. Try using the "Search" link at the top of the page to see if your question may have been asked before. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of the Greasy Wrench" section.
sixtysix
Comrade
Comrade

All going well, but......

Postby sixtysix » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:58 pm

Have had the CT for a while now, but have been busy with family and travelling, so just really started to put miles on now.The bike seems to run well with no problems, last week my daughter requested we ride the bike to the school father daughter dance! but on the way home could hear a rubbing noise from the sidecar wheel. What I have found is some movement in the brake rotor, I have searched this forum and found the threads on wave washers, but my question is can I ride the bike until service is due or get it seen straight away. The brake does not drag and the rotor does not overheat, also should the floating rotor have some movement? Thank you
Mesa AZ
2015 Ural CT
2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT

Subsnowden
Comrade General
Comrade General

Re: All going well, but......

Postby Subsnowden » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:51 pm

The rotor can have very minute movement with some force but should be fairly solid
Jon
Central Texas/Copperas Cove
2016 DR-Z400 SM
2015 Ural Gear Up
No longer own a cage

Return to “Ural/Dnepr 101 - Newbie Questions”