Possible nOOb looking for some advice.

Newbies, introduce yourself here. Are you thinking about getting one and have questions? Ask your basic questions here. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of The Greasy Wrench" section.
Forum rules
Here's the place for those who are newb or thinking about buying a Ural or Dnepr to introduce themselves ask those typical "newbie" questions. Try using the "Search" link at the top of the page to see if your question may have been asked before. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of the Greasy Wrench" section.
greybear
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Possible nOOb looking for some advice.

Postby greybear » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:24 am

"As far as the info goes, that's all there is. The bike belongs to my good friends mom. The person who has all the real info is no longer in the picture."

Which often means the person who knows where the title is stored is also no longer in the picture.

GHGoodwin
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2017

Postby GHGoodwin » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:43 am

greybear wrote:Which often means the person who knows where the title is stored is also no longer in the picture.

No title = No sale. Unless you want to part the bike out. $550 max up to $1000 if compression is good and the tranny seems to work.

Wiring issues. New clutch. Rubber/seal rot. Gas tank probably needs lined. Shocks rebuilt. Complete brake job. This looks like a complete disassemble and rebuild. I have a long history of doing this and with the exception of one or two bikes have never made back my $$ and time. They all were fun to do but not economical.

Just my $.02 worth.
Hal

2011/12 Tourist - "The Russian"
It's a long list.
2014 Patrol - "Blackbird"

Albuquralque

Postby Albuquralque » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:22 am

4Paws wrote:$500 would be my offer.

I'd go $600............ :D
"Put a little gravel in your travel"

Darrell - Albuquralque
2014 Patrol - Babe the Blue Ox
EFI Map OR 1.02
Throttle Body Vacuum Ports
K&N Air Filter
Raceway 2-into-1 Header (Right Side)
Previous Urals Owned: 2004 Wolf, 2006 Tourist, 2006 Patrol (TOW), 2006 Patrol (TOM)

Return to “Ural/Dnepr 101 - Newbie Questions”