Mechanically challenged

Newbies, introduce yourself here. Are you thinking about getting one and have questions? Ask your basic questions here. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of The Greasy Wrench" section.
Forum rules
Here's the place for those who are newb or thinking about buying a Ural or Dnepr to introduce themselves ask those typical "newbie" questions. Try using the "Search" link at the top of the page to see if your question may have been asked before. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of the Greasy Wrench" section.
stagewex
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2017
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2017

Re: Mechanically challenged

Postby stagewex » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:14 pm

I also rotated my pusher, spare and hack wheel when I first got my bike. Lsted a long, long time. Only drawback was the hubs did wear differently so it was always an adjustment after. Mostly the pusher being the most out of line with the other two.
With my current tires (K37's) I just change the pusher tire nowadays.
Stagewex

2007 Ural Patrol, 2006 Yamaha TW200, 1995 BMW K75, 1969 BMW r60/2US

Mothra35
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Postby Mothra35 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:22 pm

Never mind I thought you were taking about the spare on the hack.....seen your post later and you said you have no spare so disregard the text below :oops:

Mothra35 wrote:
Casty62 wrote:. On the hack do I just pry off the plastic cover and take off a bolt?.

On mine (05 T) you don't pry the the "plastic cover" off it is actually a bolt in its self. Use the spanner wrench. Wrench with the two pins on it to go into the holes in the "round thing" holding the spare on... Sorry I'm not quoting things to be a duche',,, just don't know how to explain things sometimes just don't pry, it unscrews off. Good luck I'm sure you can figure it out. :cheers:
--2005 Ural Tourist--"Маня"
--1984 Honda Aero 125--
My U-Tube
---Oliver---Оливер--- :headbang:

Casty62
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Postby Casty62 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:49 am

It's all good. I appreciate the tips. Got it all figured out including the brake shoes. I didn't have much choice. They fell out when I pulled the pusher off.
2012 Patrol
No chrome
It's not a speed limit, its a goal.http://sidecarmark.com/

Return to “Ural/Dnepr 101 - Newbie Questions”