Will This Kendon Work

Newbies, introduce yourself here. Are you thinking about getting one and have questions? Ask your basic questions here. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of The Greasy Wrench" section.
Forum rules
Here's the place for those who are newb or thinking about buying a Ural or Dnepr to introduce themselves ask those typical "newbie" questions. Try using the "Search" link at the top of the page to see if your question may have been asked before. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of the Greasy Wrench" section.
lpenney
Party Member
Party Member

Will This Kendon Work

Postby lpenney » Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:55 pm

I found the following Kendon for sale http://reno.craigslist.org/mcy/5446652396.html. It is kind of a haul to go get it, but these don't come up for sale very often, so I may be willing to make the drive.

Does anyone have a model like this (seller says it is a 99 model via email), and can I be confident my 2007 Patrol will fit? Also, at $1,250, does that feel like a fair price?

I would appreciate any input from current or former Kendon owners out there.
2007 Ural Patrol
2001 Yamaha TW200 (gone but not forgotten)

siberman1
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2017
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2017

Re: Will This Kendon Work

Postby siberman1 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:02 pm

Offhand, it looks too narrow for a Ural. Ask the seller to send you the measurement between the short side rails. If the Ural wheels won't fit, then it won't work. It looks a little long to me, but maybe fore/aft extra room is a good thing. Dunno, JMO.

BTW, I moved to IF from Reno. From here is 8 hours, probably 5 hours from where you are in Boise. Whatever, it is an easy drive to make. Just be aware that there may be NO GAS on I80 between Reno (Fernley does not count for the long haul) and Winemmucca.

YMMV
Sent from my laptop using OEM fingers, ordinary Mouse, and LCD-screen
2014 полынь зеленый гU
Сибирь Экспресс #2

Zero payments

biker
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Re: Will This Kendon Work

Postby biker » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:24 pm

Siberman, go get yourself a Carry-on trailer at Tractor Supply SKU101243899 5x8 with wood floor, 13" wheels needed for towing at highway speeds for $799.99. A utility trailer will give you far more use then just towing the bike around. I would also question the age of the rubber on a 99 trailer regardless of tread if the tires are original Look up my posts on where and what kind of winch to put on it and where to place 2x6's. Need more onfo PM me. :)
Allan aka Biker
2008 Ural Patrol white
2008 Ural Patrol black
1994 Suzuki GN125E
2 Harleys 2002-2003

Return to “Ural/Dnepr 101 - Newbie Questions”