Carb Question

Newbies, introduce yourself here. Are you thinking about getting one and have questions? Ask your basic questions here. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of The Greasy Wrench" section.
Forum rules
Here's the place for those who are newb or thinking about buying a Ural or Dnepr to introduce themselves ask those typical "newbie" questions. Try using the "Search" link at the top of the page to see if your question may have been asked before. Please post any tech questions in "The Order of the Greasy Wrench" section.
VWK75S
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Re: Carb Question

Postby VWK75S » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:08 am

rivers wrote:sync the carbs

Makes a huge difference :thumbsup:
John
The Ural's made Maine a much bigger state.

2009 GearUp 125,000kms
2007 Retro 20,000kms
1991 VWK75S

BigSky
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Carb Question

Postby BigSky » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:51 pm

So after getting comfortable removing and tearing down the carbs, ended up going with a 128/42 jet arrangement with noticeably better power and less popping and farting. BUT somehow I've hosed up the throttle cable, so that it don't seem to be long enough anymore, even with the carbs set up for a nice purr and balance with the idle adjust screws when I hook up the cable, seems to be a 1/4 too short, even with the adjustment nuts all the way up. Can something get hung up in the splitter, getting a head ache over thinking this.
If history repeats itself....I am sooo getting a dinosaur.

'08 Gear Up :cheers: "VooDoo"
Old Friends:
Kawasaki 650, Kawasaki ZR7, Kawasaki KLR, Aprillia CapoNord, Suzuki Burgman

Return to “Ural/Dnepr 101 - Newbie Questions”