Triquest Motorcycles - GONE ?!?

Welcome Comrade! Pull up a barstool and order yourself a virtual vodka or Baltika and enjoy the camaraderie of other Soviet bloc bike enthusiasts. Nastrovya! This is the place for generic conversations about bikes and life in general.
Forum rules
This is the place for general discussion about motorcycles and life in general. No political posts. Use The "Other" Toy Box section for other bikes, guns, collectibles or hobbies.
Alan_Hepburn
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Re: Triquest Motorcycles - GONE ?!?

Postby Alan_Hepburn » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:33 pm

Wildhorse Cafe wrote:...But the size of his shop is smaller by at least two thirds, walled off.

Last time I talked to him he was talking about down-sizing. He expanded into the shop next door a while back and enjoyed the added room but apparently the sales income couldn't support the added rent. He didn't want to give up the added floor space but he also wanted to see some black ink in the ledger - can't really blame him!
Alan Hepburn - Proud to be a Blue Star Family
2006 Ural Tourist

Snakeoil
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2017

Postby Snakeoil » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:15 am

For what it is worth, I have run into situations where only cell phones could call land lines. My buddy had this problem with his shop phone. I would get the same message that it was no longer in service. Then I drove by and he was open. So while I was there, I called him with my cell and it worked. Got home and got the message again using the land line. He said he's had a problem with is phone for a few weeks and Verizon said it was fixed. It wasn't. So Ski might have a similar issue. Could be a switching issue and the cell phone bypasses the issue as well as land lines from other areas may not go thru that switch. Ski should call his phone company and let them know and so should you.
Regards,
Rob
2000 Ural Tourist
Before you say something stupid, always ask yourself, "What would Harpo say?".

Wildhorse Cafe

Postby Wildhorse Cafe » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:11 am

Alan_Hepburn wrote:
Wildhorse Cafe wrote:...But the size of his shop is smaller by at least two thirds, walled off.

Last time I talked to him he was talking about down-sizing. He expanded into the shop next door a while back and enjoyed the added room but apparently the sales income couldn't support the added rent. He didn't want to give up the added floor space but he also wanted to see some black ink in the ledger - can't really blame him!

So I figured. Not like space in the Bay Area is cheap by any means. That was a huge space.
2011 Patrol Higgs Bison Super Collider formally known as the Orange and Silver Pumpkin Coach
2006 Shinny Black, Tourist, Tatyanna

When you set out on your journey to Ithaca
pray the road is long , full of adventure, full of knowledge
not expecting that Ithaca will offer you riches
Ithaca has given you the beautiful voyage

C.P. Cavafy

shiftless
Comrade General
Comrade General

Postby shiftless » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:05 am

I work for (Major Phone Company). There are certainly times when any given number can only be called from inside a city (and not from outside), or from outside (and not from inside), or from one cell company and not another. The three main causes, equipment issues usually corrected pretty fast (great effort, sometimes against great obstacles, rarely more than a few hours, sometimes a few days if the whole city is still underwater), the ability to take a number with you to another company, which means every other company has to program equipment to deliver the call to the new company, not to the company the number looks like it belongs to (common for some companies to lag a day to a week to update databases), and when the trunks that deliver calls from one company to another fail, phone companies on each end of a wire of fiber like to each claim the other is at fault. The repairs are expensive, so if it might be the other company's problem, why throw my company's money at it? If everyone waits for someone else to prove where the problem is, nothing gets fixed for a while.
Still like Charlie Chaplin's 1940 talkie "The Great Dictator"; had to abandon it as the inspiration for the theme of my Ural's paint scheme. People can't seem to tell satire from support. Too much public education.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Dictator

2011 Gear Up from V.T. CYCLES, Pwr Arc Ignition, sprayed USMC 383 Green w/blacked engine/exhaust

Lmo

Postby Lmo » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:17 am

I finally got through

Lew Morris
Pismo Beach, California, 93449.
1963 (?) Dnural w/ '06 Ural Drive Train
C5 Power Arc
125/42 jets
Drilled slides/
.030" shims

1973 BMW R75/5 (original owner)
1947 HD FL (long gone, forever regretful)

Return to “The Virtual Watering Hole”