Name of backrest?

Welcome Comrade! Pull up a barstool and order yourself a virtual vodka or Baltika and enjoy the camaraderie of other Soviet bloc bike enthusiasts. Nastrovya! This is the place for generic conversations about bikes and life in general.
Forum rules
This is the place for general discussion about motorcycles and life in general. No political posts. Use The "Other" Toy Box section for other bikes, guns, collectibles or hobbies.
Kilometers2
Comrade General
Comrade General

Name of backrest?

Postby Kilometers2 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:35 pm

This photo was posted on USCA's Facebook page yesterday. Has anyone seen this before: appears to be a really nice backrest for the passenger on the bike? The absence of one on my bike is the major reason my wife won't ride with me if her 12 year old is going to. I posted the question on FB but thought someone here may know the owner and seen this before.
Screenshot_2016-03-07-21-12-06.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Miles aka Kilometers

On a hiatus to try out hacking my Harley after owning and loving a 2007 Gear Up, 2014 Patrol, and a 2016 Gear Up. If a Harley/Hannigan rig doesn't make me feel like my Urals did I will be in the market for a black with white pin stripes Retro.

Ltrypsin
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Re: Name of backrest?

Postby Ltrypsin » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:18 am

http://sovietsteeds.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=41238
Here you go . It is made by cobra for a Honda shadow.
The angles are off and I am still playing with it.
2015 cT

INSUBORDINATOR
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Postby INSUBORDINATOR » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:38 pm

I am convinced from reports, that backrests, sissy bars & tail boxes are dangerous additions that can snag a rider or passenger mounting, dismounting, or in event of an accident.
Sorry to be negative, but felt this should be mentioned & considered.
Be Safe, C.
Current Motorcycles: 02 Ural Tourist, 2010 modified Royal Enfield G5 Deluxe.

"Be who you are & say what you feel. Those that matter won't mind, those that mind - don't matter."

Ltrypsin
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Postby Ltrypsin » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:29 pm

Wife says" I want a back rest if you want me to ride with you!"
Case closed. :)
2015 cT

siberman1
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2017
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2017

Postby siberman1 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:44 pm

I did not know backrests came in pink.... :lol: :lol:

YMMV
Sent from my laptop using OEM fingers, ordinary Mouse, and LCD-screen
2014 полынь зеленый гU
Сибирь Экспресс #2

Zero payments

Kilometers2
Comrade General
Comrade General

Postby Kilometers2 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:59 pm

Dang.....I am sorry David....I wrote up a reply this morning thanking you for responding. Guess it went into a black hole. But many thanks. Have my two year old Patrol that has only carried three people twice. My step daughter is prone to daydreaming and is not a good candidate for a back seat ride without a backrest. Many thanks. :bow:

I have MBS (multi bike syndrome) and my Ural is my favorite bike, and my wife's least favorite bike. She says she would like it more with a sissybar for her daughter....
Miles aka Kilometers

On a hiatus to try out hacking my Harley after owning and loving a 2007 Gear Up, 2014 Patrol, and a 2016 Gear Up. If a Harley/Hannigan rig doesn't make me feel like my Urals did I will be in the market for a black with white pin stripes Retro.

Ltrypsin
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Postby Ltrypsin » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:01 pm

No problem. You'll have to make a custom bracket to make the angles right. Still working on it as I've been side tracked and the wife can't ride for awhile.
2015 cT

markhas
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Postby markhas » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:26 pm

INSUBORDINATOR wrote:I am convinced from reports, that backrests, sissy bars & tail boxes are dangerous additions that can snag a rider or passenger mounting, dismounting, or in event of an accident.
Sorry to be negative, but felt this should be mentioned & considered.
Be Safe, C.

Yup! That's right.
markhas
AMA member
ABATE Wisconsin
06' Tourist 41167/over 75,000Km, 91" 750 Honda Nighthawk sold to my buddy Ernie, we keep in touch.

LawtonLily
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Postby LawtonLily » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:00 pm

I went to a bike junk yard 3 or 4 years ago and pulled a backrest off of an 80's era Honda. A little torque here and there to make it fit. I put some fender washers inside. I paid like 5 dollars for it. Some steel wool and CLP to clean it up.
Little Mike
08 Patrol
00 FLSTF
06 DVX90 ATV

Return to “The Virtual Watering Hole”