Got hit today

Welcome Comrade! Pull up a barstool and order yourself a virtual vodka or Baltika and enjoy the camaraderie of other Soviet bloc bike enthusiasts. Nastrovya! This is the place for generic conversations about bikes and life in general.
Forum rules
This is the place for general discussion about motorcycles and life in general. No political posts. Use The "Other" Toy Box section for other bikes, guns, collectibles or hobbies.
Stryker
Hero of the Soviet Union - 2017

Re: Got hit today

Postby Stryker » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:15 pm

How sad their lives must truly be. If they have to make comments such as those in order to make themselves feel better about their lives.
Maybe basic politeness in society would return if people could no longer hide behind the anonymity of the internet.
2016 GU Sportsman
1968 Ducati 250 Scrambler (long gone)

Snakeoil

Postby Snakeoil » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:22 pm

Internet presents a place for arseholes to be themselves with no risk. They would all be the hospital if they acted the same way in public.
Regards,
Rob
2000 Ural Tourist
Before you say something stupid, always ask yourself, "What would Harpo say?".

Mr Wazzock

Postby Mr Wazzock » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:50 pm

This would be YouTube I presume?
Mike H
2016 Ural cT, in glorious terracotta

Tpex
Party Member
Party Member

Postby Tpex » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:15 pm

harryball wrote:I would like to thank everyone for their concern and I appreciate the comments, I really do. I am following the Doc's advice with everything. Still waiting on the police report before I can proceed with any repairs on the rig. However it plays out, I think they are going to want a repair quote from a dealer.

On a less positive note, I will say that I find the hate mail saddening, really sad. I mean, I knew the world was a cesspool of degenerates but come on, seriously? I've been told several things, blamed for the whole thing, told I should be buying them a new car... but I think the most disturbing is being told "too bad you didn't die you white ... piece of ... " ?? Seriously. The anonymity of the internet really brings out the worst in some people. It really doesn't bother me, it just makes me sad that all these pieces of trash exist out there.

Lets see them say those things face to face. I bet they're just a bunch of 13 year olds trash talking like they seem to do when playing video games against each other online. I can see why people disable comments.

Anyway, glad you're feeling a bit better :cheers:

jwaller
Party Member
Party Member

Postby jwaller » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:32 pm

Wow, that sucks. Glad you're no worse off. It's good to know that after a lick like that, the Ural still got you home. Sorry about idiotic people on the internet and folks who choose to drive purple Mustangs. The thing about idiots on the internet is a reason Soviet Steeds is one of very few internet sites I care to look at.
2014 Ural Patrol
2006 Triumph Scrambler
2001 Triumph Sprint ST

These are the good times, there's no looking back
jwaller is loving life, on his shiny red Ural hack.
Rolling through the hill country, one hand on the throttle .
It moves about as fast as ketchup flowing from the bottle.
Ketchup. Ketchup.
:boogie:

BigJames

Postby BigJames » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:40 pm

I was right behind them, getting the M70 dirty for the 1st time. Messed up a good ride. Kids doing what we did as kids on dirt roads. Inexperience sucks. Robert did what you are supposed to do...still go clipped....all of us were running cameras, I was too far back to see anything but a cloud of dust. I've seen the video. Will be real popular on YouTube after the legal mumbo jumbo is over.

Robert and Celia, don't forget to enter your results! You really earned those points. I still say a bloodied Ural rider has to count for some sort of points...
BigJames
15 Ural M70
11 Ural Retro (99K and counting)
95/79 Bural Sportsman (Myrtle)
88 HD FLHS Watsonian Cambridge (231K and counting)
51 HD Servicar

harryball
Comrade General
Comrade General

Postby harryball » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:26 pm

Yeah, I should probably tally our points and enter what we have, and I'm counting the apple pie, I bought it and I smelled it, would have eaten it if I could have opened my mouth.
---
2008 - Tourist - "Ursula" / 30mpg / 32k as of 9/2017
2010 - Patrol - "The Rattler" / 32 mpg / 53k as of 9/2017
K28 tires on both rigs, pusher gets about 6000 miles give or take.
3/8" toe in and 2.5 degree lean
Robert
http://HabitatForBats.org - Give a bat a home!

harryball
Comrade General
Comrade General

Postby harryball » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:30 pm

Well, I don't know what this means exactly other than it looks like I'm on my own. While it does show the other driver was able to finally provide proof of insurance, it shows neither driver at fault. Then, for "Contributing Factors" it shows myself with 1 (no other contributing factors) and his with a 22 (too fast for conditions).

I've never had accident that involved another driver. I called my insurance, and unless I need to file a claim they don't want to hear from me. I don't see how to even call his insurance nor why they would talk to me if the report shows no one at fault? As for health insurance, I'm waiting on what will likely be about at least a $2000 bill, most of that will be out of pocket.
---
Robert

dneprlover
Order of Lenin
Order of Lenin

Postby dneprlover » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:03 pm

If that's what the police report says, I think I would be talking to an ambulance chasing lawyer and asking their advice. Sound like there is a good chance you have a case to get reimbursed for losses and pain/suffering.

Can BigJames not guide you to one?
Neval BMW/MT11 800cc hybrid, Neval 2wd MT10-36, Neval standard MT10-36, Neval MT16, another MT11, BMW/MB650 hybrid , K750m and an MB750 with locking diff.

BlueRockCrawler

Postby BlueRockCrawler » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:23 am

Your bike insurance should pay your medical bills out of your personal injury protection, it's why it's there and a big part of your bill. IDK about your state, but here it's no fault, meaning that your insurance pays for your loss no matter who's fault it is and then goes after the other guys insurance. Definitely sit down with an attorney in meatspace as they will be much more help than the internet.
2015 Ural Patrol
previous Honda's were
2002 750 shadow A.C.E.
2004 919
1985 500 Magna

INSUBORDINATOR
Order of Suvarov
Order of Suvarov

Postby INSUBORDINATOR » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:35 am

Wondering what hit your face - Windshield ?
Current Motorcycles: 02 Ural Tourist, 2010 modified Royal Enfield G5 Deluxe.

"Be who you are & say what you feel. Those that matter won't mind, those that mind - don't matter."

harryball
Comrade General
Comrade General

Postby harryball » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:24 am

My parts arrived late yesterday, thanks Gene. I couldn't wait so I went out to the shop and got started.

I have inspected the frame, I repaired the alignment stud using JBWeld. I also re-torqued the head and set the valve gaps. If it sounds good running, maybe I lucked up and it was all superficial damage. Time will tell.

I'm replacing the windscreen with a plexifairing 3 that should also be here today. I might be riding tomorrow instead of wrenching!

My nose, dang it still hurts.
---
Robert

Burt1713
Comrade Colonel
Comrade Colonel

Postby Burt1713 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:46 am

harryball wrote:My parts arrived late yesterday, thanks Gene. I couldn't wait so I went out to the shop and got started.

I have inspected the frame, I repaired the alignment stud using JBWeld. I also re-torqued the head and set the valve gaps. If it sounds good running, maybe I lucked up and it was all superficial damage. Time will tell.

I'm replacing the windscreen with a plexifairing 3 that should also be here today. I might be riding tomorrow instead of wrenching!

My nose, dang it still hurts.

Hopefully you can get a good ride in tomorrow.
2017 cT "Woody Moose"
1997 Sportster "Scarlet Speedster"
1984 Honda Interceptor "Cornfield Express" (Gone)

Birdy
Party Member
Party Member

Postby Birdy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:09 pm

Take it slow no need to push too hard and make things worse, take it from Mister Hard Head here. Broke a foot as I just couldn't stay off the bike rebroke it pushing to soon and ended up on crutches for 16 weeks, One of the stupider things I have done...and there's no shortage trust me.
2017 Ural Patrol
2012 Kawasaki Versys
2008 Royal Enfield

solo1966
Comrade
Comrade

Postby solo1966 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:18 pm

sorry to hear about this,watched the video. How are you doing.
:foilhead: Love my GOD,country,and fear my government,2017 GU

Return to “The Virtual Watering Hole”